By adolamin
Hello everyone,
I'm currently working on a TC v3 kit with some gbfans upgrades, including the gun light kit and sound board. I have the 3/4" non-split loom from the store. Here is my question...how do I fit the connector cable between the sound board and light board into the loom? The black connector on the end of the cable doesn't seem to fit and I can't figure out a way to force it. Is it easy to remove and re-use this type of connector? I have zero experience with this type of thing.

Thanks!
By adolamin
Here is a picture that shows the 14pin connector on the ribbon cable that connects the GBfans gun light kit to the GBfans sound board and the 3/4" wire loom purchased from the GBfans shop.
After some looking around I think I'll just cut the connector and replace it. That seems the easiest, cleanest option, but any further advice would be greatly appreciated!
By gbchef
It will go. What I did was you have to turn the connector vertical and then twist the cable so it’s in a tube type shape. To make things easier tie a long piece of string to the connector to help pull it through. It will take a few minutes and some patience, but it can be done.
By Kingpin
It's been a while since I've messed around with one of those connectors, but I think it might also be possible to temporarily remove it, as it's only held on with clips on the sides.
By adolamin
Thanks for the advice everyone. I went with gbchef’s advice, turning the connector vertically and after some patience it worked. Partway through though my pull string broke off so I ended up using a push rod to get it the rest of the way. Works and looks great!
By jreverhart
I just did this for mine steps I took:
1: twist ribbon cable so its tightly wound like a spiral, same way you stick your packs large ribbon cable through the shell.
2. 2 wire coat hangers straightened out, linked together, on one end make a loop and place your ribbon connector in it sideways (the connector will fit in sideways)
3. feed other end of hangers through your loom
4. wrap the connector in the loop you made with electrical tape to hold in place
5. pull through gently
6. bust some ghosts.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]