By Heatley2001
Hi everyone.

Im trying to add sound to my spirit pack for just power up, firing and power down. I was looking at the sound board in the store but its a 100 day lead time.

I came across this online and was wondering if anyone has went down the route before?

big dawgs sound modules. it has 5 different buttons that you can record sounds on.

Thank you.
By CountDeMonet
I have no experience with that but I love this board

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2133

Used by itself you can trigger up to 10 sounds or loops via switches or buttons. Really easy wiring. I believe they even have a version with built in amps. Paired with an Arduino you are only limited by storage. It's a great piece of hardware
By Heatley2001
i looked into the board. looks intresting.

do you have any pictures of your wired up?
CountDeMonet wrote:I have no experience with that but I love this board

https://www.adafruit.com/product/2133

Used by itself you can trigger up to 10 sounds or loops via switches or buttons. Really easy wiring. I believe they even have a version with built in amps. Paired with an Arduino you are only limited by storage. It's a great piece of hardware
By Mercifull
Here's a link to the one with a built in class-D amp.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2217
This is the board I'm using in my MT500 mod. Saying it can trigger 10 sounds is a bit of an understatement, it's up to 10 sounds PER trigger and there are 11 triggers.

There is no programming to learn you just name the files a particular way and the processor can understand what to do. You can play either:
  • Single file on press of button
  • A series of files (up to 10) in order on press of button
  • A random selection of tracks (up to 10) on press of button
  • A single file on loop when a trigger is held down
  • A single file on loop when a button is pressed. File stops the second time it's pressed
You can use uncompressed WAV or OGG files. Your limitation is then by storage space. The board comes in 2GB or 16GB variants. OGG files in MONO format give you the best amount of storage capacity.

It's purely a soundboard though. You'll need to pair it with an Arduino if you want to control lighting effects also.
CountDeMonet liked this
By CountDeMonet
cool I didn't know you could have multiple sounds per trigger. I use the 16mb version and it fit a lot of mono wav files and several ogg compressed song files. I still had room after my full pack build too. I've only ever used it in serial mode with an arduino.
By Heatley2001
nice.

im assuming you use this in your proton pack?

if so any videos of it in action so i can get the full effect?

Im using a light kit from spongeface from on here. im just looking for sounds and making it activate when toggles and buttons are hit.
Mercifull wrote:Here's a link to the one with a built in class-D amp.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2217
This is the board I'm using in my MT500 mod. Saying it can trigger 10 sounds is a bit of an understatement, it's up to 10 sounds PER trigger and there are 11 triggers.

There is no programming to learn you just name the files a particular way and the processor can understand what to do. You can play either:
  • Single file on press of button
  • A series of files (up to 10) in order on press of button
  • A random selection of tracks (up to 10) on press of button
  • A single file on loop when a trigger is held down
  • A single file on loop when a button is pressed. File stops the second time it's pressed
You can use uncompressed WAV or OGG files. Your limitation is then by storage space. The board comes in 2GB or 16GB variants. OGG files in MONO format give you the best amount of storage capacity.

It's purely a soundboard though. You'll need to pair it with an Arduino if you want to control lighting effects also.
By Mercifull
CountDeMonet wrote:cool I didn't know you could have multiple sounds per trigger. I use the 16mb version and it fit a lot of mono wav files and several ogg compressed song files. I still had room after my full pack build too. I've only ever used it in serial mode with an arduino.
TXX refers to the pin number on the board. Then the following bit of the filename tells it what action to perform.

RAND = Random… This additional function will play up to 10 random tracks each time a button is pressed

HOLDL = Hold looping… Instead of pressing once for the button to play, it plays ONLY when the button is held down.

NEXT = Next track… The same as random but in numbered order, starting with 0 then 1, 2, 3 up to 9

LATCH = Latching… Like the hold Looping trigger but you don't need to keep the button held down. Instead, press the button once to start the looping effect, then press it again to stop

In this demo Pin 5 triggers the following
T05NEXT0.ogg
T05NEXT1.ogg
etc

The switch is a looping file
T01HOLDL.ogg

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]