Working on improving my spirit pack and I have a couple questions.
1. What ohm and whats is the speaker?
2. What is the scale of the pack? (80%, 75%, 60%?)
3. Where can I get a 95% or 90% scaled proton gun? Doesn't matter if it's a kit or prebuilt.
Thanks much in advance :cool:
Hey there. I've a spirit pack so can answer a few of your questions.

1) The speaker is tiny. I wouldn't even say it's one watt. It sounds loud in quiet rooms but if you're at a con or something it's really really quiet to the point you can't hear it. When you open it up it's tiny too

2) The pack someone worked out is about 83% scale. I wear mine to cons and most people don't notice it's smaller than it should be. The wand is only about 60% size though. It looks fine when it's on the pack but it looks small in your hands.

3) Benofkent Props does an 80% size kit. I don't know anyone who does 90% size kits

Hope this helps
Last edited by SheffieldArrow on March 4th, 2018, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SheffieldArrow wrote:Hey there. I've a spirit pack so can answer a few of your questions.

1) The speaker is tiny. I wouldn't even so it's one watt. It sounds loud in quiet rooms but if you're at a con or something it's really really quiet.

2) The pack someone worked out is about 83% scale. I wear mine to cons and most people don't notice it's smaller than it should be. The wand is only about 60% size though. It looks fine when it's on the pack but it looks small in your hands.

3) Benofkent Props does an 80% size kit. I don't know anyone who does 90% size kits

Hope this helps
Alright thanks man. I was hoping to keep the speaker for the light kit but I guess not lol. The wand being really tiny annoys me so much. I have smaller hands compared to most guys but it still felt so awkward to hold. BTW, did you improve yours or did you leave it the way it is?
I've seen someone on YouTube who added a Matty Wand and the Matty sound card thing to the inbuilt speaker and it sounded alright. I think it could be made a bit louder than it is by default maybe?

I've modded mine quite a bit. I switched the straps out for some ALICE Straps (although I've not managed to mount it to a frame yet. Those things are crazy expensive here in the UK), I then did some weathering to it making it look beat up, added some extra stickers, and then I added the proper running cyclotron and power cell lights, and then I went a bit crazy. I decided I wanted to add the slime blower attachment from Ghostbusters TVG. I'm very happy with how it turned out though. There's a thread on here showing what I did if you search for it.

I'm short with small hands too but yeah that thing is definitely tiny. I'm going to switch it out for a bigger wand down the line I'm just not sure which kit to get yet. I also want to improve the mods on the wand. I've added a 20watt Blue tooth speaker inside it too so it plays music from my phone nice and loud.

This is my pack so far. I came second out of 50 at a recent cosplay contest so I was very happy with that!

AndFisher liked this
By joezlo
Get an 80 % wand. I've kept mine and I'm slowly regretting it. Replacing the plastic with an acrylic tube was a pain, then making legris elbows that match the size of the gun, and the emitter tip have been the most time consuming of my modding. I've had an easier time making a motherboard and attaching it to the pack with an alice frame.
Down in the post processing section I have the dimensions for the tubes the design uses. I think of these as the minimum. You could go a little longer with both if you want to. Not sure about an 80%. I assume you are thinking about an existing design. Shrinking the one I have up there would require modifications to the pvc mounts

The PVC lengths:
6 inches front
6 5/8 inches rear

angle on the rear pvc pipe is 45 degrees

Clear Tube:
I used a glitter tube from Michaels and cut it down to about 2 inches. The front tube adapter and end piece are designed for this tube.
http://www.michaels.com/creatology-silv ... lor=Silver
By Henners
Does your file set include a plug for the existing gun mount, gun rack, and v hooks?
CountDeMonet wrote:Down in the post processing section I have the dimensions for the tubes the design uses. I think of these as the minimum. You could go a little longer with both if you want to. Not sure about an 80%. I assume you are thinking about an existing design. Shrinking the one I have up there would require modifications to the pvc mounts

The PVC lengths:
6 inches front
6 5/8 inches rear

angle on the rear pvc pipe is 45 degrees

Clear Tube:
I used a glitter tube from Michaels and cut it down to about 2 inches. The front tube adapter and end piece are designed for this tube.
http://www.michaels.com/creatology-silv ... lor=Silver
I put some cosmetic upgrade up on thingiverse for the pack

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2590848

It includes gun mounts, led holders, and a track for the stock gun. It does look a lot better with it.

I ended up not using the spacer and just screwed the mount directly over top. There are cleaner options on thingiverse tho if that is what you want. I don't see it on mine though. I believe the vhooks are the same in both projects
By joezlo
... I'm going to have to post some pics of my spirit pack soon. I replaced the plastic emitter with an acrylic tube, created a a want tip from plexi, added a fake legris elbow to match the size of the one on the pack. Dremelled the N Filter holes and put screen mesh in them, cut out an f'ing 2.5mm motherboard and now I'm testing the epoxy screw method because I wasn't happy with the tap and die options I had available. My biggest concern now is getting dpdt sub mini toggles and push buttons to retro fit into the tiny wand that I put way to much effort into.
I freaking love this pack. Yes, the wand is definitely small. The pack overall doesn't look bad on me, but I'm only 5'8'' and a slim build, so it's a decent fit.

But it's well worth the money, even if only to start practicing modding out a bigger/more expensive pack. I made some mods to mine and I'm over the moon. Next is to replace the ribbon cable with an 80% GB1 cable, then I'm going to cover the speaker holes, replace the speaker with a bigger one and finally add a motherboard. At this point I've probably only spent about $150US on this and I couldn't be happier.

Kingpin liked this
By joezlo
I bondo'ed the speak hole. Did hot glue for the welding marks and then painted the whole pack with rustoleum satin canyon black and did the graphite rub down for the polished gun metal aesthetic. Once my cosmetics are done I've got some arduino programming going, but its going to be a little bit old school electronics & a little bit new school. It still all depends on if I can get all the switches into the neutrona wand. I might even use the pre-existing latch switch on top of the wand if it still functions.
May as well keep on responding to my own thread instead of doing a new one. I was planning on spray painting it over to get rid of the weird paint job it has as well as using a heat gun to take the stickers off. My dad says that it would ruin the stickers and the paint wouldn't stick and rub off after a month. Has anyone else had these problems/have an tips on doing either? He's told me to leave the paint alone but I hate it so goddamn much.
I used krylon flat black paint and primer and have had no issues. Just make sure it can be used on plastic.

For the labels I just taped them off. I tried heat but it tried to separate the sticker so I didn't want to risk missing the stickers up.
Heatley2001 wrote: March 30th, 2018, 7:53 pm I used krylon flat black paint and primer and have had no issues. Just make sure it can be used on plastic.

For the labels I just taped them off. I tried heat but it tried to separate the sticker so I didn't want to risk missing the stickers up.
I'll try that thanks!
HEy guys lots of great info here, I did not want to open a new topic so I will reply on this since this may be someone else's answer also.

Has anyone tried to remove the Dale resistors from the Ion arm of the spirit pack? I tried to unscrew them but it seems they easily deform and wont move. I removed the cardboard motherboard and I can see there are 2 small tubes where those screws are inserted in, so I don't know if they are hot glued or screwed there. I was planning on using a heat gun and then a hot knife to cut them out but i don't know if that is a safe option. The Ion arm's plastic is thin and looks very fragile.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Has anyone tried to remove the Dale resistors from the Ion arm of the spirit pack? I tried to unscrew them but it seems they easily deform and wont move. I removed the cardboard motherboard and I can see there are 2 small tubes where those screws are inserted in, so I don't know if they are hot glued or screwed there.

They're glued, the screws are fake!
The tubes are actually pegs and it seems on mine most of the glue was on the middle of the resistors and none was on the pegs. The glue is not hot glue like on most parts in the Pack but more stronger like super glue or epoxy.

The Dale ph25 looks to have been made to be held by a screw from the inside but I guess they couldn't attach it using a screw so it's just glued in also.

I used a small screwdriver to pry them off but the ph25 peg is keyed in so it won't spin, when I twisted it to come off I ended up breaking the peg.
Glenn Frederick wrote: March 31st, 2018, 11:58 pm They're glued, the screws are fake!
The tubes are actually pegs and it seems on mine most of the glue was on the middle of the resistors and none was on the pegs. The glue is not hot glue like on most parts in the Pack but more stronger like super glue or epoxy.

The Dale ph25 looks to have been made to be held by a screw from the inside but I guess they couldn't attach it using a screw so it's just glued in also.

I used a small screwdriver to pry them off but the ph25 peg is keyed in so it won't spin, when I twisted it to come off I ended up breaking the peg.
AWESOME! I will try to use a screwdriver also! that would be easier than using a hot knife! thanks a lot man!
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]