By Darth_Egon
While waiting in Impatiently for my benofkent full pack kit to arrive, I had this idea about using aluminum cans with the kit decal set. I plan on placing the decals like the large danger sticker that goes on the back top of the motherboard on a flattened cut out can. Then screwing the whole decal with small screws on the pack. It would give it the full metal look and can be bent a little for weathering. Has anyone tried this idea and if so does work?
By Demon Vice Commander
Darth_Egon wrote:While waiting in Impatiently for my benofkent full pack kit to arrive, I had this idea about using aluminum cans with the kit decal set. I plan on placing the decals like the large danger sticker that goes on the back top of the motherboard on a flattened cut out can. Then screwing the whole decal with small screws on the pack. It would give it the full metal look and can be bent a little for weathering. Has anyone tried this idea and if so does work?
Not all of the labels were printed on aluminum - in fact, the large DANGER 1KV label (like its smaller counterparts on the rest of the pack) were just printed on vinyl.

As for cutting up aluminum cans, that sounds like a lot of needless labor that will only result in an uneven surface. If you really want the raised look of aluminum, you could always buy a thin sheet of aluminum (1/32") from a craft store and cut it to fit each label; the only aluminum labels on the pack are the EDA/Fuse label, bumper label, HGA label, and the Gearbox label. Everything else is either vinyl or a dry-rub transfer.
By NotSabbat
Did that on my pack for some of the decals. Worked well. Not as well as actual metal decals, but the effect was good. Just make sure you take your time and get it smoothed out really well.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]