Hey everybody! It's been snowing here today so rather than sit around feeling bored I decided it was time to upgrade my Spirit Proton Pack. Using only bits found around the house I managed to add a Mk II Slime Blower on to the Pack with some basic lights on it too. I'd already added running lights to the Pack.

All the upgrades are completely, and easily, removable.

What do you all think?

I still need to get round to mounting it on a proper frame but they're surprisingly hard to find in my bit of the UK! I've got Alice straps on it at least. It all helps keep the weight down.
The Slime Bottle part is an old Shampoo bottle. I noticed it the moment my other half bought it as it just seemed the right colour and size for job at hand. It's zip tied on to a hook I glued on to the booster tubes so I can cut the zip ties and remove it if needed. I one of those mini Reboot packs for Christmas so that's hooked through the zipties to make it look like a part of the Slime system.

I used Glow Wire for the green wire coming off of it and also the wire going on the outside of the tube to the wand. It really looks the part making it look like the slime tubing in the video game. That's rendered as zip tied on so that's how I attached it too. I've a bit more of this wire left in blue and red so I'm half tempted to replace all the tubing on the pack with it as it'd really make it pop in low light conditions.

I'm hoping to get some faux resisters 3D printed so it looks like the green wire is running through the pack a bit more than at present.

As for the wand at the moment it's a kids glow wand that pulses multicoloured lights up and down but I switched the LEDs out to green ones. It's not accurate at all but it looks pretty cool lit up. I have a full size 3D printed PKE and a smaller one that failed and I glued the smaller one underneath it. THey're both attached to the clamp part of a selfie stick which just clamps securely on to the wand. It's a work in progress but as I say not bad for a few hours work.

I've a 3D printed 50% sized trap mounted RGB style to the side of the pack too.

The mods cost me nothing as it was just bits I had laying around but even if you ordered them it wouldn't cost much at all. That glow wire is really cheap and looks so awesome when lit up
Lempo liked this
By Lempo
It really looks amazing! I can't wait to get my spirit pack and mod the hell out of it.

The only problem I have is that I don't have a 3D printer and all companies that let you print things are way to expensive.

And because I am from Germany, buying things from etsy or ebay are way too expensive too... F'kin customs and their taxes. I recently bought the soundboard from here and the upgrade kit from spongeface and it did cost me almost double the price just for the custom taxes...

I don't understand why we don't have such a great ghostbusters fan community here in Germany like it is in the USA or the UK... I would really like to buy things from inside the EU without customs...

I know it is a expensive hobby, but I find it very sad that it is getting more expensive because the best parts can only be found outside the EU and have to pass customs where you have to pay again.

So, enough of me whining, your pack looks absolutely stunning and I hope mine will one day be as good as yours.
When it comes to 3D printing I'm lucky in that my local city has a shop that offers it at a really reasonable wait. My PKE Meter was £30 fully printed and that included the two failed smaller versions.

It's the same with Customs here but thankfully I was lucky with the pack I managed to get a friend who was on Holiday in America to pick me one up and send it back for me. You shouldn't have to pay customs if you're ordering from within the EU though (I know we don't at the moment at least).

I used the plans in this thread for my pack running lights: viewtopic.php?t=2595. There are better options out there, and many easier ones, but I had almost all of those components laying around from back when I did electronics in school. Thankfully all the bits survived 15 years in the loft and still worked!

The Spirit Pack is soo good for the price though and well worth it. I couldn't justify getting one of the kits or spending £1,000 on a pack. For a cheap basic pack that's perfect for upgrading it's ideal. I want to mount mine on to an ALICE frame but they are really really hard to find here in the UK unless you want to pay silly money. Clansman Frames, the UK Army equivalent, are significantly cheaper but they're harder to mount the pack on to. At the moment though I'm happy with it as is but with the better straps I bought.
Lempo liked this
I had a bit of glow wire left over so I decided to add a red glow strip around the N-Filter and I also wrapped the shock mount in white glow wire. I think it looks really cool with both and the wire that powers them both tucks away under the bumper keeping it out of sight.

SheffieldArrow wrote:Update - I've tidied up where the Glow Wire/ Slime tube comes from the tank and in to the pack. These bits it runs through were from a bootleg Lego set from Poundland of all places. Ideal for the job at hand!
Do you remember which bootleg lego kit that those two pieces came from? It may help someone else on the forum if they decide to do something similar with their pack. Your pack looks really good.
Many thanks on the compliment!

It was from a Fire Engine. The bits I used to guide the glow wire were meant to be the hose that attached to a ladder. Some of the military sets they had in also had the same part.

I didn’t save the box but I’ll try and get a picture next time I’m in there.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]