Hey guys, I've come across something that has me stumped. I could really use some advice.

I have the GBfans light/sound kit and everything used to work great. The problem I am having is now....
I cannot get the "overheat" sequence to work properly. I believe I have the dip switches in the correct positions.

Basically the the Pack lights no longer "Speed up" until overheating, and the sound card stopped playing the overheat warning and vent sound BUT everything on the wand still works. The bar-graph still "speeds up/overheats", as well as the bright led vent light. It's like only the wand knows what to do, but its not telling the card or pack.

Every other thing on the sound card works with every other button....

Also, when I just want to vent the proton pack (without firing the wand) with the button on the wand, that sound does work on the sound card.

Is there a RESET I can do on the sound/wand kit?
I don't even know where to start. I can post a youtube video tonight if that will help.

Please help. It all used to work flawlessly... and now I feel really stuck. I'm SOOOOOO close to finishing.
Is it possible your ribbon cable between the sound board and wand got damaged or isn't plugged in well enough anymore?

Venting is sent as a specific signal down the wand ribbon cable, so if it works on the wand, but not the sound board / power cell then that would be the best thing to check.
Ok, found it.

A really odd thing, but my "Song" trigger was on the "ON" position when the pack was "OFF"

Funny, when I turn on the pack..... the song didn't start playing even though it was "ON" And in fact, would start playing when I flipped it to the "off position"

That alone, was enough to mess with the OVERHEAT cycle.
I just have to say...and don't take this wrong...but I sure am glad so many people are having some issues that I will probably come across when its time to do the electronics part of my build! My electronic expertise is limited to "clap on...clap off" and that's about it...lol. This place is a wealth of problem solving! :)
ashura001 liked this
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have the GBFans sound board and Spirit light kit. I originally connected everything and tested the different features and everything worked fine. I have started mounting and wiring the pack and wand up and now I noticed that the pack does not overheat anymore. I have tried almost every combination of dip settings and switch positions and the pack no longer overheats/vents no matter how long I 'fire' the wand.

These still work as advertised
- Power up/down
- Song toggles with switch
- Manual vent works when toggle is switched

I even tried disconnecting all the wand switches and just using a solid wire to 'fire' and it still doesn't overheat. If anyone has any ideas I will give it a try. Thanks.
What are the dip switch settings for the sound card?
For auto venting, you need to be in a TVG mode since venting did not occur in the movies. Configuration dip switch #3 must be OFF.
Some of the config switches are only read when power is applied, so it is best to verify the switch positions and then disconnect and reconnect the battery.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]