I wasn't planning on starting this thread yet but this beautiful and fine piece of art was giving me bedroom eyes. SO, I devoted some time today to work on this hog.

I purchased a pchrisbosh1 shell+mobo. Chris, your work is so beautiful o0

Drilled a pilot hole for the potentiometer and crank knob (not pictured). I purchased the crank knob from Wiz-GB008 and it's right out gorgeous. Excellent work Shawn! I'll post the other parts from him as we move along

Using Stefan's plans, the x y was found for the cyclotron elbow and a pilot hole was drilled. Please pardon the jump line. My cat licked my foot and gave me a spook. LOL! *HAPPY EARLY HALLOWEEN JERKOFF! GIVE ME TREATS! I LICK YO FEETS*

I purchased a Spengler V-Hook/Mount from Ejgunth87 and mounted it. Eric makes beautiful and quality aluminum parts and there's a ton more of his parts to show later on. I totally suggest purchasing his products

Can't really do much passed this. There's a load of parts due in from nick-a-tron (including trap parts) and the gbfans shop. Have a HUGE list of the screws/bolts/nuts/washers from Fastenal on the way. I'm also waiting on Vincenzo330 to send me a message saying something like "Hey Adam... give me all the money from your savings account". Vin's parts are what will get the ball rolling.
There's a little bit of tools and accessories to be purchased still yet; mainly, a tap/dye kit, center punch, and other what-nots.

Bear with me peoples and I appreciate any and all constructive (not destructive) criticism.
Last edited by Grimmy GB on October 4th, 2014, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001, Naptime liked this
I'm hoping to get all of my parts soon, so we'll probably be neck-and-neck through our builds! Looking forward to this, man!
Grimmy GB liked this
pyhasanon wrote:I'm hoping to get all of my parts soon, so we'll probably be neck-and-neck through our builds! Looking forward to this, man!
You are WAY passed me brother! Your electronics make me tear up like a child on Christmas morning. :cool: There might be some messages to you occasionally as I am NOT tech savvy. lol :walterpeck:
This looks to be a terrific start. Can't wait to see more.
Grimmy GB liked this
Grimmy GB wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:I'm hoping to get all of my parts soon, so we'll probably be neck-and-neck through our builds! Looking forward to this, man!
You are WAY passed me brother! Your electronics make me tear up like a child on Christmas morning. :cool: There might be some messages to you occasionally as I am NOT tech savvy. lol :walterpeck:
Grimmy GB, alphabeta001 liked this
LOL! No, no race... If anything, it'll be a race against my own timeline... ;)
Grimmy GB liked this
My main worry is the weather... winter is nearing, and I don't have a garage... I bet it's even colder where Grimmy is at... but then again, you've practically got winter all year 'round where you're at, Jay...
PssdffJay wrote:It always is... Just don't rush the paint. Trust me!
Funny you should bring that up, Jay. I told the wife (just before we went to bed) that this thing will be all nice and assembled halfway through winter. Yeah, she laughed :walterpeck: But there's always the option of taking it to someone, right??? :)
pyhasanon wrote:My main worry is the weather... winter is nearing, and I don't have a garage... I bet it's even colder where Grimmy is at... but then again, you've practically got winter all year 'round where you're at, Jay...
True statement. Phil, the only luck that I have is that I have a shed that I've dubbed my workshop. No insulation in it but that's the home of all my tools (and lawn equipment LOL!). I'm keeping the shell and parts in my house until things become more advanced. I HAVE to buy a heater and run it 15 minutes-ish before I wanna do anything. I just hope we don't experience any more negative degree weather like last year. It hit -23° at one point. Ugh...
Hoot wrote:I spewed my drink when you said jerkoff lmao awesome work already!
HA! That one was for you in particular, Hoot ;) The wife and I are constantly spooking our cats, it was high time they exerted revenge LOL! And thank you my friend!
bishopdonmiguel wrote:This looks to be a terrific start. Can't wait to see more.
Hey bish...I'll be stealing your quick disconnect wand idea ^^
methos2523 wrote:looking good :D
Thanks methos :)
You know, looking back on this, I wish I had invested in a scratch build first. Diving in full Hero is a bit overwhelming and I also feel the need to get it finished like NOW. Eh, maybe I'll look into supplies this weekend. Perhaps doing the build for under $300.
Patience is a virtue, my friend... I kinda rushed in to it to, and while I have fun with my plastic pack, I wish I was more patient and saved my money for the build I'm trying to build now... I would have been done with it by now if I was only more patient... Nothing wrong with proceeding with a scratch build, but analyze what you want first... ;)
pyhasanon wrote:Patience is a virtue, my friend... I kinda rushed in to it to, and while I have fun with my plastic pack, I wish I was more patient and saved my money for the build I'm trying to build now... I would have been done with it by now if I was only more patient... Nothing wrong with proceeding with a scratch build, but analyze what you want first... ;)
That's excellent advice. Did you guys build yours and the wife's at the same time?
I've been selling some high value items to fund this build and it just seems like it cannot go fast enough lol.

Once I get the metals parts (hero deluxe and thrower), all I need is the complete electronics, real straight fittings and real banjos.
Speaking of, I really like the way your electronics are moving along (actually jealousy might be more accurate). If I ever sell this other item (to be disclosed as not to offend anyone), I really want to start on that.
nick-a-tron wrote:I shall watch this thread with great excitement and fuuuuuuuurious interest!!
Dude, you're not going to cause my eyebrows to spontaneously combust with all that fury are you? And thanks Mr. Nick! =D
Grimmy GB wrote:Did you guys build yours and the wife's at the same time?
LOL! We only have one pack, the ones you see us wearing in my signature is the product of the magic of Photoshop... =P
alphabeta001, Grimmy GB liked this
pyhasanon wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:Did you guys build yours and the wife's at the same time?
LOL! We only have one pack, the ones you see us wearing in my signature is the product of the magic of Photoshop... =P
Oooooh the art of trickery and tomfoolery. You foiled me sir. Well played ^^ I was thinking that I saw a pic of you guys at a Con together with separate packs! I suppose with age goes your memory :sigh:
Lowberg wrote:Can't wait to see this build unfold! I was fortunate enough to grab one of the Bosch shells as well, so I'll be following in your footsteps soon!
Thanks, Lowberg! At the speed that I'm moving, I might be following you instead lol! Hey, BTW, nice work so far on that vacu-form shell so far :cool:
oh god, yea once I finish that for my buddy its going to be soooooooo nice to work on the Bosch shell haha.

Looks like we are going to be using some of the same parts as far as Nick, Vince and Eric's parts go so that will be helpful.

damn that shell is sexy
Grimmy GB liked this
Not really an update. More like show and tell. Here's a pic of everything accrued thus far.

I'm definitely going to mount the clippard to the shell today. Probably also mount the cyclotron elbow since I can now tap ^^ I plan on reinforcing the v-hook plate. I might possibly make some fixtures for some grinding on all of the lenses. Speaking of, is there some sort of a consensus on the shell thickness for the lenses?

I can't wait to get the remaining parts in!!!
alphabeta001 liked this
Isn't it awesome seeing the parts accumulate over a period of time, knowing you're getting closer to building your pack?!? Looking forward to this Grimmy
Grimmy GB liked this
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Isn't it awesome seeing the parts accumulate over a period of time, knowing you're getting closer to building your pack?!? Looking forward to this Grimmy
Sometimes the excitement is too much to handle. Especially being the first build!
I know the feeling buddy. I'm at a similar point myself and have been collecting parts since May. It'll be my first too. I sometimes just sit and stare at my huge box of parts and try and take it all in.
Grimmy GB liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]