pyhasanon wrote:What do you expect coming from a guy who has already worn his pack twice in the rain? LOL! At least I can say my pack has tested the elements (and contrary to my previous statement, I kept it running... so sue me, I'm a rebel)... =P

You do realize that I take this as a challenge towards me, right? :P
"Blame it on the rain....yeah, yeah"
I'm thinking of lining the inside my pack with weather stripping. Might be a bit a tricky task but could help.
I would think you could line the inside of the shell lip with some stripping to resist water...no guarantees it would seal flush (hence my boards raised)
Hoot wrote:I would think you could line the inside of the shell lip with some stripping to resist water...no guaranters
yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. I'm awful at explaining stuff. Haha
Just to give you guys a sort of *update*:
As many of you peeps on Facebook know, my wife JacquelineHyde will be starting a GB2 *Spengler dedicated* build with TVG effects. This will obviously have it's own thread, but I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to look ahead for it. She wants to do most, if not all, of the work. (Of course I'll be the supervisor! lol!)

Also, I experienced my first con in full GB uniform. It does take a toll on your body. What I liked most about it, though, is the appreciation people give. Although; there are SO many ignorant questions (it was nice to teach a few some new info).

Here's a few things that I learned with wearing a pack:
- Make absolute sure you have the foam on the neck rest taped in a very secure fashion! Mine wasn't and the metal bar made its way passed the foam. It was very uncomfortable.
- Don't wait on the night before to decide you want to hook up a MP3 player to your pack. I spent about 3 hours ripping CDs and downloading music trying to get ready. Not only that, but it would have been a heck of a lot nicer to have a place to store the MP3 player. I actually tucked the audio jack cord into my belt to hide it; not a smart decision. I think I'm going to Velcro it somewhere WITH the pack.
- Inserts in the boots saved my feet. I softened the leather on the Corcoran 995s that I bought with mink oil. Gave them the heat treatment and everything. Even wore the things for 2 weeks(ish). They still weren't comfy for my high arches. Broke down and bought a set of "active inserts" meant for running. Word of the wise if you do this: I wear an 11.5 - 12 US in shoes. These boots are SLIGHTLY larger than that. I did not cut away any of the inserts and they fit perfectly inside (meant for up to a size 13). The arch support REALLY saved my feet.
- Going back to the music thing...don't play your music too loud inside. I jammed out when outside (the MP3 is MUCH louder than the effect sounds). Inside, I eventually lowered the music so that it could only be heard in the immediate vicinity. I was surely getting some snarky looks and comments. I prefer to NOT be known as a complete jerk.
- When with other Ghostbusters, it's ok to hug. It feels right. It's the way it should be. I'm serious, if you don't hug, you're not part of the family.
- Always have booze for others to try. We did some awesome trading. If you don't have booze, be equipped with some good stories.
- And last, but not least, if a group of you are BSing in front of a "Play it Again Sports", expect them to drag you inside, hand you Casey Jones style weaponry (hockey sticks and baseball bats), take your pic, and post it on their locational site. It...happened...
Important safety tips. Thanks, Grimmy!
Grimmy GB liked this
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Important safety tips. Thanks, Grimmy!
Only you, bish... I wish I could give more karma points :cool:
bishopdonmiguel liked this
Many things I can +1 to here.
Some of the mix I used was great for music and some was to get people to freeze enough in their tracks to essentially make a hole for the Ghostbusters (siren works great for this)

The beer is always a nice touch provided both sides appreciate it (that dragons milk gave me a nice kick in the crotch).

One thing if I can interject is the hugging... I mean...I faked licking a pack or two... But how can we not? Gotta bring it in for the real thing boys!

Never be afraid to share. I had some spare stuff that I could share, and I gave up some toasted marshmallow fluid and a spare relay because that's how I roll. Besides...who the hell doesn't wanna see Grimmy tackle a trap????
Last edited by Hoot on May 19th, 2015, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmy GB, Riggs45 liked this
Hoot wrote:Many things I can +1 to here.
Some of the mix I used was great for music and some was to get people to freeze enough in their tracks to essentially make a hole for the Ghostbusters (siren works great for this)
That's one thing I was digging around for! I have the sounds on my phone but couldn't find the time to put them on my iPod! *SMH* I ended up resorting to that *Ghostbusters* song on the GB2 soundtrack a few times lol! Good times...
Oh! The music being loud isn't a negative thing - unless people are doing interviews etc. That's when it's a dick move...
I find of you're pounding about with music and doing the odd ridiculous jig like Riggs and I did, almost perfectly acceptable
Grimmy GB liked this
I will chime in to say I agree with all the previous sentiments! It should also be added:
1- When posing for pictures with people, make sure to get your arm around them first so you can keep them from putting their arm around you and smashing your pack with their palm.
2- Always be mindful of your surroundings.. I did a quick turn and almost killed Superman (Dean Cain)... no joke.. He owes Hoot for sparing his life from my aluminum ion arm.
3-Dont forget the booze you plan on giving as a gift to new friends! (My bad.. Dammit!)
Grimmy GB, alphabeta001 liked this
Grimmy GB wrote:Here's a few things that I learned with wearing a pack:
- Make absolute sure you have the foam on the neck rest taped in a very secure fashion! Mine wasn't and the metal bar made its way passed the foam. It was very uncomfortable.
I do mine GB2 style - two different diameters of foam, and then held tightly by velcro straps (zip ties will dig into your back, it is painful as all hell!)... Your neck will appreciate it, and it almost makes it feel like it took 5-10 pounds off of your back...
Grimmy GB wrote:- Don't wait on the night before to decide you want to hook up a MP3 player to your pack. I spent about 3 hours ripping CDs and downloading music trying to get ready. Not only that, but it would have been a heck of a lot nicer to have a place to store the MP3 player. I actually tucked the audio jack cord into my belt to hide it; not a smart decision. I think I'm going to Velcro it somewhere WITH the pack.
Grimmy GB wrote:- Going back to the music thing...don't play your music too loud inside. I jammed out when outside (the MP3 is MUCH louder than the effect sounds). Inside, I eventually lowered the music so that it could only be heard in the immediate vicinity. I was surely getting some snarky looks and comments. I prefer to NOT be known as a complete jerk.
I still have yet to fix up a good Con play list, but the booths are the last con I was at really appreciated the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, so they requested I play it on repeat on full blast... My ears were ringing at the end of the day, but it was fun, and everybody was happy, because who doesn't love the GOTG OST? Also, there were some requests for the songs from the GB2 soundtrack... I guess Virginians love the GB2 music better... Hmmm...

As for the MP3 player, I have mine wedged between the mobo and ALICE frame... It's just enough pressure to hold it in place... Luckily, my MP3 player has it's own dedicated volume knob, so I can adjust the two volumes independently...
Grimmy GB wrote:- Inserts in the boots saved my feet. I softened the leather on the Corcoran 995s that I bought with mink oil. Gave them the heat treatment and everything. Even wore the things for 2 weeks(ish). They still weren't comfy for my high arches. Broke down and bought a set of "active inserts" meant for running. Word of the wise if you do this: I wear an 11.5 - 12 US in shoes. These boots are SLIGHTLY larger than that. I did not cut away any of the inserts and they fit perfectly inside (meant for up to a size 13). The arch support REALLY saved my feet.
Also, get some mink oil and slather the hell out of it all over your boots and let it soak in, it will make the leather nice and soft over time (but make sure to clean it up real good afterwards too)...
Grimmy GB wrote:- When with other Ghostbusters, it's ok to hug. It feels right. It's the way it should be. I'm serious, if you don't hug, you're not part of the family.
Yes, hugs, many hugs, it's the 'Buster thing to do... Also, make sure to give Ernie a good hug too... Heck, everybody involved with the original movies deserve a hug! Heck, we damn near made William Atherton cry when we met him...

Oh, and Hoot likes to lick, so season up...
Grimmy GB wrote:- Always have booze for others to try. We did some awesome trading. If you don't have booze, be equipped with some good stories.
I don't drink much or often, but I'm willing to drink socially, especially with you guys!
Grimmy GB wrote:- And last, but not least, if a group of you are BSing in front of a "Play it Again Sports", expect them to drag you inside, hand you Casey Jones style weaponry (hockey sticks and baseball bats), take your pic, and post it on their locational site. It...happened...
Everybody loves Ghostbusters! Interacting with the public is one of the best parts of the hobby!
Grimmy GB, alphabeta001 liked this
I have just discovered that if you stay at a hotel that is a popular host for weddings and you walk into the lobby dressed as a Ghostbuster, you're gonna get pulled into wedding photos. FACT.
Smeghead, alphabeta001 liked this
Oh, yeah, I've seen many of those already on FB! The Wisconsin guys even had their Ecto with them at one time and it also got pulled for wedding photos!
Hijacker wrote:Vigo help you if you were ever geared up near a kid's birthday party.
Or, your own kid's Birthday Party... =P

Hijacker liked this
galeap wrote:Grimmy,

Mate, all I have to say is that this is one awesome build thread, and I love your attention to detail. Stunning final result. I hope that I can get my build to look half as good.

Pete
Thanks Pete! Honestly, what you're doing is on an entirely different level. Wish I had your amazing skills!
I would like to thank Lowberg for hooking me up with a real deal grey crank knob. Thanks bro!

Top is a painted Wiz knob, bottom is the real.
Damn you! I love this.
Grimmy GB liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]