CPU64 wrote:Wow, looks great, but why did he leave all the hard work for you to do?! :D
Are you implying he should have purchased his wand from you then, Chris? Real classy of you to say that... Grimmy is personalizing his build, not everybody wants a bar graph hole wide enough to fit Spongeface's bezel, but Grimmy wanted to take the time and effort to do it... RJ didn't know that beforehand...
Grimmy GB liked this
pyhasanon wrote:
CPU64 wrote:Wow, looks great, but why did he leave all the hard work for you to do?! :D
Are you implying he should have purchased his wand from you then, Chris? Real classy of you to say that... Grimmy is personalizing his build, not everybody wants a bar graph hole wide enough to fit Spongeface's bezel, but Grimmy wanted to take the time and effort to do it... RJ didn't know that beforehand...
Took the words right of my mouth. If only Chris had the level of customer service and quality that RJ has then he may actually get somewhere. I'm not 1 to slate people but every RJ thrower is followed by a snide remark by you CPU. Just remind me, how many throwers do you have left? Out of a batch of 3!!

Sorry Grimmy, back on topic with your awesome thrower and incredible skills!! Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade
Grimmy GB liked this
I didn't tell RJ that I wanted the specific bezel cutout. I actually wanted to do that part for myself, and for this reason; to document how to do it with a simple set of files.

And thank you kindly for the compliment, fellas :)
Not a problem, giving credit where credit is due! Your work is always so clean, how I wish I had those kind of skills... it's hard to tell in my build (or maybe not =P), but my workmanship is very rugged, not anywhere near as clean as your stuff... Awesome stuff, man! If anything, it helps us to strive not to be so lazy and to aim higher... ;)
Grimmy GB liked this
Every time I watch a new build, I look back on mine and realize how muddled and un-clean it is. Makes me want to scrap it and start all over again!!!
Grimmy GB liked this
Thing is, we are helping one another out all the times. I'm constantly learning from you guys and that's the whole reasoning for posting these threads! This is simply for constructive criticism and definitely not destructive (unless someone's acting a fool).

Anyway, PLEASE let me know if there's anything else I can do for you guys. One of the best parts is posting this information. I get excited!
Grimmy GB wrote:I didn't tell RJ that I wanted the specific bezel cutout. I actually wanted to do that part for myself, and for this reason; to document how to do it with a simple set of files.

I'm glad you did, because I am going to have to do that to mine to make the bezel fit. Then I have to not screw up the stickers and stuff on that part of the bezel.

Great work on the build and documenting! Now keep going so I can copy it! ;)
Grimmy GB liked this
PssdffJay wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:I didn't tell RJ that I wanted the specific bezel cutout. I actually wanted to do that part for myself, and for this reason; to document how to do it with a simple set of files.

Great work on the build and documenting! Now keep going so I can copy it! ;)
HAHA! Thanks, Jay! I think? :P
Why am I getting this feeling that trashing me is now a requirement to be one of the cool kids in the playground?
Phil, did I say he should have purchased from me? How classy is it for you to make a rude comment like that, insinuating something completely different than what I was asking about? My question was related to the holes in the handle ear, which he obviously had a bit of trouble handling, and not really a "custom" issue. I know RJ is fully capable of having all of that finished beforehand, hence my question... But you guys decided to pick on something unrelated just to attack me? Why is that?

And swager, what did I ever sell you that was so bad in quality and customer service? And I don't have left over throwers, they go out as soon as they're done. I'm not seeing your logic here.

I try to make things as best as I possibly can, and treat people with respect. But it seems like only those who purchase are willing to recognize it. That's fine with me, but I just don't see the benefit in trashing others in a community forum..

Anyways, back on topic :)
CPU64 wrote:Why am I getting this feeling that trashing me is now a requirement to be one of the cool kids in the playground?
Phil, did I say he should have purchased from me? How classy is it for you to make a rude comment like that, insinuating something completely different than what I was asking about? My question was related to the holes in the handle ear, which he obviously had a bit of trouble handling, and not really a "custom" issue. I know RJ is fully capable of having all of that finished beforehand, hence my question... But you guys decided to pick on something unrelated just to attack me? Why is that?

And swager, what did I ever sell you that was so bad in quality and customer service? And I don't have left over throwers, they go out as soon as they're done. I'm not seeing your logic here.

I try to make things as best as I possibly can, and treat people with respect. But it seems like only those who purchase are willing to recognize it. That's fine with me, but I just don't see the benefit in trashing others in a community forum..

Anyways, back on topic :)
Feel free to drop me a PM and we'll have a chat
first let me apologize to grimmy for his thread off trackness.

while i appropriate the intentions made here, please note every comment made against me/freekygeeky in cases of just negativity just rolls off me, the only comments i ever really pay attention to is that of a customer, and i do that to improve, not only the parts i make but the customer service.

im sure cpu64 did not mean the things he said to be taken too harshly and could have been phrased better, but who of us are not guilty of purchasing something correctly. so lets not pick on cpu64, much like me hes been around since bills board, and over the years done some awesome stuff.

if you do have a issue with something someone says in a thread, the best thing to do is ignore it, and pm them privately to talk about it. lets keep a persons build thread to just that his build, positive and helpful comments,

grimmy you have a awesome build going on and enough good things cant be said about it, if grimmy approves i vote he ask a mod to remove some of the last off topic coments to his thread so it can get back on track to the awesomeness that it is.
Grim, we discussed a bit yesterday about the heat shrink that goes around the front ear assembly... I just checked what I used on my TCV3H wand, and it was 3/4"... however, it seemed to be a pretty tight fit on the resin wand and started to rip... I wonder if that size will fit better over the aluminum wand than it would over resin, or if we have to try to find a bigger piece of heat shrink...
Grimmy GB liked this
Thank you for the kind words, fellas.
I'll contact a moderator today. I don't mind this stuff being in there, I just don't feel as though anything should be damaging towards other individuals.
pyhasanon wrote:Grim, we discussed a bit yesterday about the heat shrink that goes around the front ear assembly... I just checked what I used on my TCV3H wand, and it was 3/4"... however, it seemed to be a pretty tight fit on the resin wand and started to rip... I wonder if that size will fit better over the aluminum wand than it would over resin, or if we have to try to find a bigger piece of heat shrink...
Phil, thanks a ton for this valuable info!
The ear should be 3/4 x 1/2. I would consider going with a 1" heat shrink if you can. The big thing is to watch the shrinkage ratio. Most are usually a 50% shrinkage ratio, so as long as you don't go willy nilly with the heat gun, it should shrink just enough to form a tight seal before it tries to shrink to its ripping point.
Grimmy GB, PssdffJay liked this
Hijacker wrote:The ear should be 3/4 x 1/2. I would consider going with a 1" heat shrink if you can. The big thing is to watch the shrinkage ratio. Most are usually a 50% shrinkage ratio, so as long as you don't go willy nilly with the heat gun, it should shrink just enough to form a tight seal before it tries to shrink to its ripping point.
Thanks, Bart! I'll see if I have some 1" in amongst my variety pack. I think one of the hardest parts is going to be figuring out how to make the holes in the shrink without ripping it.
[/quote]Thanks, Bart! I'll see if I have some 1" in amongst my variety pack. I think one of the hardest parts is going to be figuring out how to make the holes in the shrink without ripping it.[/quote]

Cool, now I know what I can try. Now just need to buy a heat gun haha!

Hmmm, maybe a hand hold puncher would work? Or a similar style hand punch you can find at an AC Moore or Michael's?
csullivan1980 wrote:
Hmmm, maybe a hand hold puncher would work? Or a similar style hand punch you can find at an AC Moore or Michael's?
I think it would be a series of lightly hitting the shrink to where it's not super tight, making an incision for the holes, then hitting the holes with the heat gun so that they fold under, then hitting the rest of the shrink. My wife used to do this stuff for a job. I'll be asking her perspective on that though lol.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I got this one, works wonderfully... and it's only $21!

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TUCV/
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

pyhasanon wrote:I got this one, works wonderfully... and it's only $21!

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TUCV/
cool! I think they got that at my local HD
PssdffJay wrote:When you are buying said heat shrink, are you buying one that is physically 3/4" or is it larger and shrinks down to 3/4"?
Heat shrink is usually listed at its expanded size. Most of them shrink at a 2:1 ratio (50%). You can sometimes find tubing that shrinks at a larger ratio; 3:1, 4:1 etc c
alphabeta001 liked this
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]