Parflagush wrote:Sorry, I'm a little late to the congratulation party. Your pack turned out fantastic! Have you given your baby a name?
Thanks bud. Interesting idea about a name. I think of it as my all-fired plain-vanilla pack :) But maybe something like Betty or Edna is more appropriate.

Are there rules for naming your pack? If not, should there be? Whole can of worms you've opened here ;)
Reached an important milestone today. It's been two months since my move and I finally unpacked & organized enough to setup the Ghostbusters shrine in the office. Gotta get the uniform properly hung on the wall.

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
YYYEEESSSSS! I can feel the madness oozing out! There's a since in pride when hanging the gear. Am I right, or am I right?
bishopdonmiguel liked this
Bing! Yes, Ned, you're right. ;)
Grimmy GB liked this
First official outing with my pack at Kansas City's Planet Comicon last weekend. My biggest concern was power. Spent all day Saturday with the pack running in various modes and had no issues. Very happy about that.

A local photographer, Nick Schale with 29 Pixel Studios, was on site offering cosplay photos. He is a fantastic chap and invested an enormous amount of time & effort providing the cosplay attendees with fun photos.

www.29pixelstudios.com
ImageImage
Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Workin' it Bish! Looks great
Thanks VS!
Grimmy GB wrote:Temptation has to be there to mount a framed version in your office :D
The framed version is a foregone conclusion. The temptation surrounds how many and what size! ;)
Smeghead wrote:Mother of... This pack is beyond inspiring, how had I not noticed it before? Hats off, sir!
Thank you my friend. Very nice of you to take the time to check it out.
GohstTarp wrote:Those photos are boss! I bet a lot of people were excited to see you guys at the con.
Thanks buddy. I had such a fab time at the con. There are a lot of Ghostbuster fans out there for sure... but I think I was more excited than anyone just being there in the gear. I will say that whenever kids asked to take a photo, I always offered to let them hold the particle thrower and have them give the ghosts a blast. Maybe I should have anticipated this but not one of them turned down the offer! I also had many ask me to explain how it worked and what every switch and button did. It reminded me how strong the imagination is when you are young and how important it is to encourage it.
Ecto-1 fan liked this
Last summer I applied a no ghost decal to the rear fender of my Vulcan. This year, figured I should add something to my jacket.

Using a few laser printed copies of a no ghost logo to use as a template plus a few bucks in leather paint plus one old leather motorcycle jacket...

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin, ecto80 liked this
You need a few little proton streams representing how many ghosts (cons, events, parades, etc...) you've busted ;)
Just wondering: Is there anything that you don't do well? :P
Thanks gents. Very kind of you to encourage my experiments.

I have a new long-term project... the "Ecto-fication" of my electric golf cart. The first phase is complete... but this was the easy part. Next I need to install a sound system and a control panel. Eventually I'd like to add some lights and faux roof equipment.

Last edited by bishopdonmiguel on September 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GohstTarp wrote:
Grimmy GB wrote:Is there anything that you don't do well? :P
Bishop is a true renaissance man! The jacket looks really professional, Bish. Well done!
It's true, GT!
Dear God that cart is already beautiful!
Just going through your amazing electronics again and I ordered some ethernet cables, the little plastic posts and screws. Did you use anything special for your speaker wire and pot?
PssdffJay wrote:Just going through your amazing electronics again and I ordered some ethernet cables, the little plastic posts and screws. Did you use anything special for your speaker wire and pot?
Nothing special for the speaker wire. I think I used some leftover in-wall wire but you can use any speaker wire, even 14-gauge lamp cord wire will work fine. I crimped quick disconnects for the speaker terminals. However, one popped off once so I might end up soldering the wire to the terminals if it happens again. If you are using (2) 4-ohm speakers, remember to wire in series, (2) 8-ohm should be wired parallel.

Try to use a 10K potentiometer that has a linear taper, not logarithmic (often called audio taper). The latter will require that you turn the volume more than halfway up before it "gets loud" and there's not much room for adjustment past that. As long as you have the wiper connected properly, remember you can swap the two outer wires to reverse the direction of the volume control. My first guess resulted in the control working backwards (clockwise turned the volume down). Wiring either way is electrically the same, just up to your preference on how the dial works.
PssdffJay liked this
Ok, thanks for the tips. I had used some left over 22 gauge yesterday when I was testing, but I'll pick up some better stuff before I start wiring it up.

I haven't played with mine yet, but are you using 2 wires for each post just because or does it need a positive and negative for each?
PssdffJay wrote:are you using 2 wires for each post just because or does it need a positive and negative for each?
They are pre-twisted so really "just because I'm lazy and didn't need any extra runs." Also, these being thin gauge, doubling up provides a little insurance from breaks and builds the effective gauge from 24 to about 21. Figure it wouldn't hurt.
PssdffJay wrote:I had used some left over 22 gauge yesterday when I was testing, but I'll pick up some better stuff before I start wiring it up.
Just to clarify, the wiring from the board to the pot can be thin gauge. From the board amp to the speaker, use something like 16 or 14.
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]