By gold333
JoeLuna33 wrote:
gold333 wrote:I'm trying to find out if the whole plastic clippard is removeable on the matty wand... Does anyone know?

It feels like it might come off if pulled hard enough, but I figured I would ask here first so I don't bust it up.
You could probably get it off. I disassembled one of the throwers and I think it had a plastic bung that it slipped onto. It's smaller than a standard Clippard as well so a cast or real one would look over sized on it.
Whats a bung?

On one of my matty throwers the clippard is not flush with the body, i.e. One side there is a small gap. I could take some epoxy to it but pulling it it kind of clicks loose 1/16" so I figured I try to pull it off and reseat it, but no luck. Also the 507 on the matty wasn't that the same diameter as the 701/331 on the the real prop, just 1/4" shorter? Overall the matty is 1/2" longer than the hero GB2 wand I think so the correct clippard may look right on it. But taking the plastic one off isn't happening without some strip down pics
By robandliv
I bought Spongeface light kit, but i really want to to make the sound come out of the wand louder. I do not want to take my wand apart. I plugged my wand in to a small guitar amp I got with my son electric guitar and sound came out of it. The Amp had a Volume, Tone, and another nob (do not remember the name, at work) on it. When I turn the volume all the way up and mess with the other two nobs the sound starts to come out clean and i start to lose any kind of popping nosies. The only issue I am having is it is still kind of quite. This Amp is small and will fit in my pack. Any idea guys on what else I can do? I was thinking about driving over to guitar center and start plugging the wand into other amps.
By zeta otaku
Is there any issues with disconnecting the vibration motor? I haven't pulled this sucker apart yet, but... that motor is louder than the speaker and just... yeah, not cool. Can I just snip the wires and connect them directly to each other? Do I need to put a resistor in there?
I had a chance earlier to brave it and open my Matty wand. Unfortunately, I had to use a dremel to cut the open. Anyway, I found a way to run audio without compromising the 1/8" jack and thought I'd share photos of it from in case anyone wanted another perspective on it. I think this method is similar to what Slimer530 was talking about - could be wrong though. ImageImageImageImage
By vinmanmac
Ghostbuster 281 wrote:I had a chance earlier to brave it and open my Matty wand. Unfortunately, I had to use a dremel to cut the open. Anyway, I found a way to run audio without compromising the 1/8" jack and thought I'd share photos of it from in case anyone wanted another perspective on it. I think this method is similar to what Slimer530 was talking about - could be wrong though. ImageImageImageImage

Photos are nice but can you provide an explanation of what was done for those of us less electronically inclined?
By Rowan J. Zweig
Spongeface wrote: I could not figure out how to get sound out of the wand, but the wand's jack does provide enough information to control the GBFans pack lights board:

This is awesome! Will be snagging this! Question - Could someone splice another Jack and plug towards the end of the cord? I was debating having the ability to unplug the hose from the pack for easier traveling purposes.
By TENIME_art
It probably wouldn't be easy, but is it possible to swap out the A battery compartment (I'm at work, and it's at home, so I don't remember if it's AA or AAA, but that's irrelevant to my question) with a 9V one (or something else that will last longer than the current batteries it takes)?
By WindDrake
Trying to avoid going back into my Matty wand for exploratory surgery - anyone know how the stream power switch is handled? It looks like a simple SPST, but it could be SPDT. I've got a wild hair to make a keep-awake for these using an ATtiny, and if this thing is SPST it would make it really, really simple.
By WindDrake
Took the wand apart today - forgot to take pics. It's a SPDT only using Gnd/Signal. Makes contact for full stream, disconnect for 50% power. Switch lives on the vent led/flashing led board. Should be really easy to deadbug a 8-pin attiny in there, hook Vdd/gnd from the battery and 1 single signal line from the board, shouldn't need any additional hardware, either. Only hard part would be disassembling the wand to the point where you can get at that vent LED board, but it's not terrible. 5 screws to the inside, another two to unseat the barrel mechanism, another 1 for the eccentric crank on the motor, one screw holding the stream power switch and cam together, and two last screws to free up the board.

Nice thing is, if it all works correctly, you'll just get the occasional bargraph flicker upwards when the keep-alive fires off, and in full stream mode, the wand will still go to sleep properly.

Now to pick up a programmer and some parts.
By Daxceon
Hey guys, I'm having some problems with my neutrino wand.

I bought it a few weeks back and when it arrived it was in fairly reasonable working condition. Last week the beam lights stopped lighting. For a while the red LEDs would light very dimly and only if the end had fallen back to a shorter length. But now it's just dead. The lights for the main body still works. The mechanism still vibrates and extends and the sounds still work including the beam sounds. Has a connector come loose? Is this a fixable issue?
By Styrofoam_Guy
Hey I'll take that hunk of plastic off your hands ;)

Just kidding.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hopefully it is just a loos solder joint that can be easily fixed.

I opened up my wand so I could add wired from the speaker to my pack for sounds. Unfortunately some cutting has to be done. For the price when they were originally selling them they are a great deal to get lights and sound in a wand. Now the ebay prices means it is better to go with a kit and custom electronics.
By Travis Burrell
I know no one has posted in here in a little while.
I was just curious if anyone knows of another post somewhere that mentioned if anyone has tried to remove the barrel of the Matty wand and try and give it a more clear look? I know the lights are in there and I know that the mechanics are also connected to that barrel. I was just curious who has tried before?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]