By BosonDart
Thanks for the reply, if you do decide to sell them, PLEASE let me know, cos if I have no money at the point you sell them I will need notice for the kidney harvesting. I have so many questions i'd love to ask, but I will hold them in and just end with, that is the pack I aspire to. Thanks for sharing it and it is absolutely amazing work.
D-RAYMAC liked this
By GBfan-Mike
I would imagin them using the look of this proton pack for the third ghostbusters movie' like to replace the old packs as if there falling apart after not in use for a long time but to upgrade them to be more newer in the same look but with more fire power' like how they did it in the video game. I imagin the new pack on being and doing the same kind've stuff as it is in the game' with all different changes of the proton streams and the slime blower' I guess they'll have to make a few packs in order to make the changes who knows, I'm not sure how they'll do it but this look of the phoenix pack is cool and they should go with it that way.
By theBossaNova
Hi Twilight,

first of ... this really is a really nice looking pack. I really love the plasma tube in the thrower - I found one of these plasma tubes and I wanted to ask you how you managed to get it in the thrower. How did you get rid of the black plastic that is supposed to be the part to screw it to whatever surface?
I don't want to brake it.
I am thinking about Hot air? jigsaw?
hope you can help.
By Randor
This pack is one of a kind. The mechanics and the way it is configured is very unique with some of the parts being designed specifically for this pack. I have seen it held it touched it this pack is awesome!
By kurisu7885
DUDE!!!! That's beyond sick. I so want one but I don't have a fortune x.x Seriously, it looks like how it might look when they get the ability to manufacture packs.
By Randor
Yeah the price for them to make one is extremely high because of the work involved but I think it is worth it.
By kurisu7885
Randor wrote:Yeah the price for them to make one is extremely high because of the work involved but I think it is worth it.
heh, trust me, with what I know I can do for me if I can get one looking right it'll be an achievement, if I can get working lights and possible sound, it'll be a miracle, if I could pull off the venting effects like in the vid, I may as well be canonized.
By Morydees
Having just now seen the video of this thing in action, I've got a weird combination of awe, jealousy and excitement going on. Unreal how it all turned out. A work of art indeed.
By Officer_Remus
Firstly this is truely amazing work. You have pushed the standards bar into the clouds my good man. May I just ask though, what causes the steam stream to sputter or bluntly (not remain constant)? I have tried several can brands but each one spits and sputters. I'm not using Clippard standard equipment so I believe there could be air leaks in the system. Clippard suppliers in the UK are few and far between and can't get the 12v-2M control valve or it's adapters/connections. Only the 3M valves are available apparently. I would be interested in seeing the nozzles you made for the outlet. currently I'm using normal aerosol can nozzles but i believe they are holding back too much. when I shut off the pressure it continues to hiss for seconds afterwards. or in my case. sputter. Many thanks sir! your work is an inspiration :3
By kurisu7885
Officer_Remus wrote:Firstly this is truely amazing work. You have pushed the standards bar into the clouds my good man. May I just ask though, what causes the steam stream to sputter or bluntly (not remain constant)? I have tried several can brands but each one spits and sputters. I'm not using Clippard standard equipment so I believe there could be air leaks in the system. Clippard suppliers in the UK are few and far between and can't get the 12v-2M control valve or it's adapters/connections. Only the 3M valves are available apparently. I would be interested in seeing the nozzles you made for the outlet. currently I'm using normal aerosol can nozzles but i believe they are holding back too much. when I shut off the pressure it continues to hiss for seconds afterwards. or in my case. sputter. Many thanks sir! your work is an inspiration :3
Actually I'm curious too, because after my first pack I would LOVE to make a go at something like this.
By Officer_Remus
Currently im just using servos to open 15mm ball valves using airline hosing from a fish tank supplier. Shoddy as hell and it shows in the sputters. If I can switch to clippard gear indefinitely will. Id greatly appreciate the part names for the hose barbs and fittings rhat connect it all together so I can try order it. :3
By Enderwigan
This pack is so fun to look at. Thank you for taking the time to show it in detail with the videos. To echo everyone else here, awesome work!
By lamia
I want to make something this epic. After I finish my first build, I am going to have to ask you some questions when I start designing my Hero VG pack. This makes me want to make a Hero VG pack full upgraded and animated. I actually figured out a way to do the flow of slime effect in the tubbing last night.
By pyhasanon
lamia wrote:I want to make something this epic. After I finish my first build, I am going to have to ask you some questions when I start designing my Hero VG pack. This makes me want to make a Hero VG pack full upgraded and animated. I actually figured out a way to do the flow of slime effect in the tubbing last night.
If you're planning to do that, here is one build you will be interested in...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=26312
By Randor
Cage lights and vent nozzles, manifolds for the air cans and other things. Ill take pics tomorrow.
By kjsgang
Lundo12 wrote:I'd go as far as calling this Art... It's damn impressive work regardless.
I've just joined this group but have been a prop maker for many years, including a stint as an Imagineer. The very first thread I read -- was an attack.

Why? No matter how you look at it.. whether you love it or hate it.. it's still just a prop. It's not real. Most of us are a bunch of boys that really never grew up (thank God) and still make toys.

As a newcomer, the thread made me back up a bit and almost leave. I felt what he created was simply fantastic. Well thought out. Ingenious. Yet I'm reading jealousy, envy, and other things into what should be people learning from another gifted man. Learn from him. It's the only way to move forward. Some are hinting that he 'owes' the group?? Where is that written? No, he does not. Genius, ingenuity, and creative talent belong to each individual alone as much as Artistic Rights do. Placing this man in a position that no matter what he says or does is wrong will get you nowhere very quickly. This is why I never joined any groups. It seems that no two people on the Earth can look up at the sky and agree on it's color these days-- but we all still have to live under it and breath the same air, don't we..

What he's created is Art.. an ingenious crafter. Just like Art, everyone views it differently. When I'm making a screen replica, I can appreciate and be a stickler for details like many of you-- as close as screen accurate as possible is my goal.. if that's what the buyer or person wishes.

However I cannot help but think that copying or replicating, while a fantastic undertaking worthy of anyone's praise, is still simply walking in another man's shoes. Perhaps a bit of living in the past. A bit of been there, done that. I've been there myself many times.

Personally I love to see something taken to the next step. I do this myself with other Sci-Fi projects... an updated model.. a new prototype. Why not? It's been decades! How do you know they wouldn't have made it exactly as he has? To nit-pick about compressed air, color choices and such.. it just sounds like a batch of old hens looking for any excuse to complain.

We're better than that. And have better things to do with our time than that. We're creators. Artists. Designers. We replicate the past but also see the future.

Or at least that's what I HOPE this group is about??
By Venkman's Swagger
kjsgang wrote:
Lundo12 wrote:I'd go as far as calling this Art... It's damn impressive work regardless.
I've just joined this group but have been a prop maker for many years, including a stint as an Imagineer. The very first thread I read -- was an attack.

Why? No matter how you look at it.. whether you love it or hate it.. it's still just a prop. It's not real. Most of us are a bunch of boys that really never grew up (thank God) and still make toys.

As a newcomer, the thread made me back up a bit and almost leave. I felt what he created was simply fantastic. Well thought out. Ingenious. Yet I'm reading jealousy, envy, and other things into what should be people learning from another gifted man. Learn from him. It's the only way to move forward. Some are hinting that he 'owes' the group?? Where is that written? No, he does not. Genius, ingenuity, and creative talent belong to each individual alone as much as Artistic Rights do. Placing this man in a position that no matter what he says or does is wrong will get you nowhere very quickly. This is why I never joined any groups. It seems that no two people on the Earth can look up at the sky and agree on it's color these days-- but we all still have to live under it and breath the same air, don't we..

What he's created is Art.. an ingenious crafter. Just like Art, everyone views it differently. When I'm making a screen replica, I can appreciate and be a stickler for details like many of you-- as close as screen accurate as possible is my goal.. if that's what the buyer or person wishes.

However I cannot help but think that copying or replicating, while a fantastic undertaking worthy of anyone's praise, is still simply walking in another man's shoes. Perhaps a bit of living in the past. A bit of been there, done that. I've been there myself many times.

Personally I love to see something taken to the next step. I do this myself with other Sci-Fi projects... an updated model.. a new prototype. Why not? It's been decades! How do you know they wouldn't have made it exactly as he has? To nit-pick about compressed air, color choices and such.. it just sounds like a batch of old hens looking for any excuse to complain.

We're better than that. And have better things to do with our time than that. We're creators. Artists. Designers. We replicate the past but also see the future.

Shrooms you say?
By LandoSystem
There's like... one person who says they aren't a fan of some of the aesthetic choices but then goes on to praise the pack. Everything else is people practically having an orgasm over this thing.

I saw this in another of Twilights threads. Everyone loved his work but he practically said "I'll never post in this troll filled forum again!" and deleted his pictures.
I don't get it. Maybe there's a language barrier? Maybe if I punch "work of art" in babelfish the french translation is "piece of s***"
Grimmy GB liked this
By Lewis Tully
kjsgang wrote:

This guy reminds me of this guy:

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]