Hey Julz, hope you're well. Haven't seen you on the boards lately.

Question for you, oh wise detail master! How long is your loom from the pack to the thrower? I know it can vary, I'm just curious on the length you decided on.

Thanks!!

Jay
Sorry Jay, I've been Busy at work, I'll try and measure it later for you.

Just blowing the dust off this thread

Had a neat update to finally share and the rest of the things I need to finish this all off is on the way.

After searching for goodness knows how long, I finally got me hands on some brand new "old stock" 4mm gen1 dark gray legris.
I wasn't actually really sure if they were 5/32 or 4mm and the first thing I saw when I pulled them out was a funny 7 symbol. I looked at that and thought oh dumb they are wrong... until I turned them around and saw it was the symbol for a 4 :-D

:oops::roll:

:cool:
Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
UPDATES

My new thrower from RJ arrived and it's a thing of beauty! complete with the new pop mech, and special steel catch.
The welds on this thing are amazing!

Among the parts are Venky grips, my OEM heat sink and vintage 701, this will be my replacement Omni wand, and I'll put the other one on my venkman gb2 pack.

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
RJ makes quality stuff. My thrower is one of RJs. It looks great, Julz!!
CPU64 wrote:Hey Julz, I really love your new thrower, it's amazing! :D, I really strive hard to create the same kind of workmanship in my own throwers so I can really appreciate the skill that's gone into your new one. Out of curiosity have you thought about rounding off that top front edge?
Oh thanks Chris! I'm really happy with it! Thanks for your suggestion though, RJ chooses to make his own idealized version of the thrower so he chooses to leave some details out like bent front handles ;)

I want this thrower to be pretty accurate however so I will be trying to add as many changes to make it as accurate as I can, I welcome your input among others. I'll be looking at ref and adding as many things as I can, I already need to fill in the toggle holes sand and re-drill them.

I'll still leave out the bent front handle though ;)

Cheers

:cool:
JoeLuna33 liked this
Thanks Methos :)

Added a few things to my thrower, I'll swap out the knurled side disks with the ones on my other thrower further down the line.

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mburkit, alphabeta001 liked this
Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
I'd prefer to use smooth on them both but I have one set of each before I found out they were smooth on all the Heros
Julz, The thrower looks amazing! Question about your extension mech (from RJ), do you find it binds up at all and gets stuck? I cannot for the life of me get that get pop the way it should, it gets stuck when in the rear position and the trigger wont pop it out.
CPU64 wrote:Nice! yeah, there's plenty of excellent reference here to show all that needs to be fixed ;)
Ah my dear Chris :) yes you're right there is some excellent ref to help me fix some minor accuracies :) but thankfully the quality of the wand is so high that I hardly need to do any work on it at all! Sadly all the amazing ref can't fix all the parts I brought from you, once I began to learn more about accuracy all I could do was swap your parts out :) same goes for that other chap.

The best thing about sellers like rj, Vince and Eric is they treat their customers very highly, they don't keep buyers waiting for more than a year and leave customers in the dark. But most of all they are nice guys, they have integrity, they don't leave snide remarks on other peoples threads just to make themselves feel better or snide remarks on newbie members build threads to show off how much more they know than the new person.

You commenting in my thread like you have done is a perfect example of what you do, what you're like , and why I don't and never will buy from you again. The little things I need to fix on the wand are minor it's a beautiful wand.
JoeLuna33 liked this
thebigone2087 wrote:Julz, The thrower looks amazing! Question about your extension mech (from RJ), do you find it binds up at all and gets stuck? I cannot for the life of me get that get pop the way it should, it gets stuck when in the rear position and the trigger wont pop it out.
In what way does it get stuck? A few things I had to refine was making some of the channels a bit longer with a file or sand paper, and sanding The catch a bit to give a bit more room. If it's sticking some areas might need a quick sand or loosening up. But this mech is so much easier to trouble shoot than the one I built.
Its hard to say, when I push it all the way back it just sticks. I've sanded and oiled it and just can't figure out why its sticking. I'll give it another go eventually. Just looking got done feedback from other users :-)
hmmmm, I might need more info in order to help, or a picture to help. the set up is pretty simple to debug so I'm sure we can help get yours working like it should :)
prestige_128 liked this
Hey, all I asked was a simple question, that a simple yes, or no would have answered. I honestly didn't want to write a "snide" remark but you thought it would be funny to twist my simple question around to trash me and my parts. I was just playing along to see if you could take it as well as I can ;)
And yes, the thrower does look fantastic!
abaka, momeraths24 liked this
CPU64 wrote:Hey, all I asked was a simple question, that a simple yes, or no would have answered. I honestly didn't want to write a "snide" remark but you thought it would be funny to twist my simple question around to trash me and my parts.

You Trolling into pass comment was not innocent but whatever. Knowing how you post in other people's threads like RJ's...your comment was far from innocent and was full of hidden meaning and the person that up voted it knew that as well..
If you honestly didn't want to write a snide remark then read what you write especially the quote below.
CPU64 wrote: Nice! yeah, there's plenty of excellent reference here to show all that needs to be fixed ;)
That really sums you up to me. A very loaded comment attacking RJ's thrower and implying that It full of inaccuracies followed by a condescending smiley face.
CPU64 wrote:I was just playing along to see if you could take it as well as I can ;)
You know what... I wasn't playing, your comment annoyed me, but nice to know you were. I changed your initial quote to a much nicer way of delivering your comment and "hoped" you would see the difference and was happy to let it go and move on, but it was water off a ducks back. You then fired away with a loaded remark attacking RJ's thrower and all the things I have to fix on it so I did the same to you and your parts... and it didn't seem to me that you "could take it as well as I can ;) "
CPU64 wrote:And yes, the thrower does look fantastic!
Thank you, that's very nice of you to say, even though the compliment has been forced to save face, I do however feel it's possibly the first time you have actually offered a compliment straight up. I'll let RJ know you like it.

The sad part is your thrower and parts are really top notch, it's your attitude that lets you down.

I also wouldn't be surprised to learn if the person up voting your comments was momeraths24 ... :roland::walterpeck:
thebigone2087, mburkit, JoeLuna33 and 3 others liked this
I just finished reading through your entire thread and I'm at the same time: speechless, in awe, inspired to and quite a bit intimidated to start a pack lol. Not so much the putting together as it is the wiring for lights and sound. My hat is off to you and I hope when I do begin, I can attempt 1/100th of the of the effort you have put forth.

A quick question, not just for you but for others that do the spring loaded tip mechanism. Also, I apologize if it has already been discussed in length, I haven't found the thread for it yet.
Anyways:

For display or storage purposes, is the tip left extended with no tension on the mechanism to prevent shortening of the spring? Or are the springs being used good enough to be left in the "loaded" postion with full tension with no worries?

Thanks, and it's an awesome pack!
julz liked this
undead ghosthead wrote:My hat is off to you and I hope when I do begin, I can attempt 1/100th of the of the effort you have put forth.
I know, right? I would be downright proud of myself if I even put forth 1% of the effort and dedication shown here to my build... It truly is a beauty!
julz, momeraths24 liked this
I lived in this thread while building my pack. I'm still in here a lot and will be again when I get my thrower back from RJ. Julz's build is awe inspiring!

Naww thanks guys :)

Welcome aboard mr Undead and thank you for the lovely words. It's very humbling to inspire others with your own work.
I understand completely how you feel though! I remember when I joined here with this crazy dream to build a proton pack, I was blown away by all the talent here and all the amazing builds... I still am.

Thankfully this place has many awesome supportive people and lots of advice and tips, many of these people helped me out so much and continue to do so :cool:

As far as the extension spring goes, I just leave it "loaded" when it's on display, if you use a more accurate mech based on the real thing that Matt Burkit shared ... then there is a very low chance of the spring loosing its tension :)

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]