You guys do know how to use the PM function right? ... :sigh:

:walterpeck:
Decided to do a little bit of work on my gb2 pack, My new wand is on it's way so I thought it was time to finish it up :cool:

I took to the Phillips screws with some chemicals to take away the new stainless shine and then installed the bumper witht he 5/8's spacer and added most of the stickers. Attached the vhook and a few of the other greeblies

Still many details away, but on the way to finishing her off!
Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
We don't see enough GB2 builds, be them hero or semi-hero. It's a nice change of scenery!
Whoa! :shock: That is so awesome!
Thanks guys :) I don't really have anything fancy up my sleeve apart from trying to tackle gb2 accuracy details!

Putting this second pack together has made me realise just how much I love the details from each movie.

Here are a few pictures just for jay showing the injector placement.
I reworked the side fin to make it a little closer to hero ref pictures, only required some slight filling and sanding. This pushed the injector placement slightly towards and overlapping the shell.
https://i.imgur.com/DBeT06v.jpg

And made some more progress, installed the ribbon cable, glued in the blue lense. And then started preparing the lc1 frame by adding the lc2 kidney strap.
Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Very nice Julz...I really appreciate the the GB2 packs also.

I'm about to build a GB1 hero pack with a Bigi Shell and then once I get the money up, I'm going to build a second GB1 pack and actually convert the GB1 into a GB2 hero. I'm quite excited about following the footsteps of the actual prop makers by tearing a GB1 pack together into a GB2 pack.

What electronics are you using in this one?
abaka wrote:Very nice Julz...I really appreciate the the GB2 packs also.

I'm about to build a GB1 hero pack with a Bigi Shell and then once I get the money up, I'm going to build a second GB1 pack and actually convert the GB1 into a GB2 hero. I'm quite excited about following the footsteps of the actual prop makers by tearing a GB1 pack together into a GB2 pack.

What electronics are you using in this one?
I'm not sure yet what electronics I will use :) I have a spare malfunctioning mighty with crap broken parts! :walterpeck: Run awayyyyyyyyyy
And I have Jack and Burkits fantastic set, but no sound options currently. I like your idea about converting a gb1 build :)

Soooo I got around to mounting the alice frame, and Id walk through how I did my spacer to accommodate the 1/4 screws.
The main spacer has an interior spacer which is something demon vice commander observed.

So we have the main screw, a washer, a square nut, a washer, both telescoping spacers, a washer then the main nut ;)

The inner spacer is a little longer than the outer one and is the right size to fill the gap between the larger mobo hole and the 1/4 screw.

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
halliwax, alphabeta001 liked this
Julz, how in the hell do you find out these details?! I'm blow away by your attention to the small things. The small things that make the big things awesomer!
Can I just ask Julz also?

Is the screw on the gun mount painted black or is it just the lighting? From what I've seen, I don't think any of the screen used GB2 heroes painted the Philips screws....

edit: Just went and checked the Ramis pack, and they were painted. I've spent too much time researching the Stantz hero!!
PssdffJay wrote:Julz, how in the hell do you find out these details?! I'm blow away by your attention to the small things. The small things that make the big things awesomer!
Thanks Jay :cool: just going off a mixture of other people's gb2 builds, discussing details with members, annnnnd picking apart the reference pictures like the spengler pack in the ref section.... I just love details so I look out for them, and I'm always open to new details of how the hero packs were built.
abaka wrote:Can I just ask Julz also?

Is the screw on the gun mount painted black or is it just the lighting? From what I've seen, I don't think any of the screen used GB2 heroes painted the Philips screws....
that screws isn't black :p they have been chemically dulled so they don't pick up the light at much, making them look black in that pic :)
I got the tip from various members, chris or bigi used to use a mixture of vinegar and a battery, but I used legends method of using mr muscle drain blocker gel. nasty stuff but works a treat.

The telescoping spacers is something I've been doing for a while when I heard the screws were 1/4 instead of larger bolts.
But Demon vice had some reference somewhere that shed some accuracy on it. I don't think the originals had the little square nut I put in, that was just me wanting it to be more secure and centred.
Added the square spacer paint details

Still need to tidy them up a little and add some screw holes ~

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
PssdffJay wrote:Are you going to do the makita bracket?

Are your packs different shades of black or is it just the photo/ my eyeballs playing tricks on me?
Yea eyes and the light are playing tricks with your eyes.
But as abaka has said, only the semi hero's had the makita batteries. The hero's were mainly the same but with new cables and screws.
abaka liked this
Cheers guys :roland:

And noooo you may not have my pack abaka :p

Managed to get a few little details out of the way today...

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoot wrote:Just a friendly reminder when using the chemicals guys, use suitable PPE
Thank you hoot ... I did and do, it says very clearly on the bottle to use thick gloves and eye and mouth protection.

I go overboard wearing safety gear - always safety first
alphabeta001 liked this
Julz, I hate to go overboard with the praise because I don't wanna seem like a 13 year old fan boy but you are an excellent resource. This is going to be so helpful for my build when it comes to it.

Can you provide me the specs for the spacers? Length, of the two parts, the inner diameter and outer diameter of each and more importantly material. They look like s/steel to my eye, but can you confirm. Also, did you find these spacers precut to that length somewhere or where they custom cut yourself?

Secondly the Phillips head screws between the rivets, never seen that detail before, was that in every retrofitted GB2 pack or are you replicating one in particular.

I can't wait until you finish this and capture ever nook and cranny of this pack because it's going to be my new build bible.
Thank you for all the praise abaka :blush:
I have picked most of this stuff up from the amazing reference on this site, the lobby photos, the spengler auction.. chatting to fellow ghostheads about details and seeing amazing accuracy build threads.

Here are a few off the top of my head
Mark's http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... &start=390
Chris's http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=24965
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=28742
legend's http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=33611
Bigi71's thread is broken sadly, but that was a goldmine.

In terms of the spacers, mine are made out of aluminum, I'm sure the real ones were probably stainless steel or something like that, but it was just as easy to get telescoping aluminum from a hobby shop.
They would all be 1 inch long, but I made the inner one 3mm longer to accommodate for the gbfans shell having larger holes. So the longer inner spacer helps plug that gap.
The outer is 0.470 inches and about 0.050 thick and the inner is 0.380 inches and the 0.050-0.060 thick
A 1/4 screw fits nicely inside the inner spacer.

As for the phillips screws... I've seen this detail on many of the retrofitted gb2 heros, not all the rivets have the phillips screw but most of them seem to. Murray's pack has them on all the mounts.

Spenglers pack look like it had them but they have been taken out...

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]