Julz, your build is inspirational, been following it for a long time. I love your attention to detail, unique build techniques and the overall finish of the pack. Super jealous of the vintage elbows, lol. My father and I will be starting a new build soon and it will feature an aluminum wand from RJ as well.
I'm sad that RJ has a backorder on his site; namely his spring mechs :( When I look at your thread, Julz, it seriously gets my heart racing! It's like a romance ;) Seriously couldn't possibly give this thread enough praise!!!
Hey man, no worries. And I was being honest and upfront with both the compliment about the thrower, and the question about rounding off the edge, because you always strive for accuracy so there was no need to start any of this. I'll just stay out of your posts :)
Figured it was time to dust of this thread and finish my new thrower :cool:
I've been keeping busy building a Han Solo in Carbonite display for my lounge and finally finished it.

After the last few post of my thread I decided to go through reference pictures again and compiled a list of as many details and imperfections of the original throwers and got RJ to make a new thrower... I'm hoping this is my last attempt at this thing :p :sigh:

I've always loved RJ's work but this thing is truly amazing and he painstakingly nailed all the details I asked for.

So without further ado... My new thrower ~

The body itself isn't all neat right angles. The area under the clippard slopes down on an angle.
There is also a beveled edge on the top off the grill closest to the clippard.

This causes my vintage clippard base to poke out correctly where it meets the bevel.

The clippard side bevel terminates into a sharp point near the knurled knob.

The base of the gun body also has a bevel which creates a gap between the base plate.

I also installed my vintage OEM heatsink... Haven't painted it properly yet so you can still make out the serial number :cool:

Aaaaand that's all for now!
Kingpin, Lempo, jackdoud liked this

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]