Paco wrote:just a question guys, jb weld is good for this kind of deal right? from your experience it holds on well?
Give it something to grip and it should hold. I use it all the time. I've sealed radiators with JB weld.
jackdoud wrote:Personally I've never had JB weld hold for long on anything.
I guess it depends on the application but I've never had a problem with it. It's certainly no substitute for real welds though.
So I ordered everything off this besides the n-filter and the 1/8 sheet for the caps for 3 packs worth with shipping it only came to 82.86 shipped and cut. Great Find VinC. I was thinking going the brazzed instead of the welding, looks easy enough to do and a heck of a lot cheaper. Any one try that yet?
Like my previous posts state I bought all the metal parts I needed for fairly cheap. So I was going to print out the template and take it to a machinist to have all the caps cut out for brazing. Well I started digging around online and found a company that sell the caps for each item. And figured I would post the links to each. So here you go.

http://handrail-fittings.sharpeproducts ... resortid=0

HGA 2.375 disk 1/8 thick Item # 9229
You would have to use the same size for the booster plug and grind it or file it because the next size down is 2 inches even which would be too small. You need one for HGA cap and 1 for booster plug. price is $2.99 a piece

Filler tubes/beam lines. 1.1875 1/8th thick. Item # 9206
This is 1.25 so again minor filing or grinding to make fit. You need 2 Price is $1.20 each

Injecter tubes. 1.4375 disk 1/8th thick Item Item # 9212
this is 1.5 inches so again you would have to grind or file down very little to have correct size. You need 2. Price is $1.28 a piece.

N-filter 3.0 disk. 1/8 thick Item # 9244 You need 1. Price $5.37 each

Now for the plates that you attach the tubing to you need to go to a diffrent web site. This is the link.
https://www.metalbytheinch.com/t0/c135/ ... sheet.html

For the squares for the filler tubes/beam line you need to select .125 fot thickness, they do not go by 1/8th. Than you pick 1 and 1 1/2 by 1 1/2. Like VinC said the ones on the screen used pack are not an even square so you can play with that if you want. You will need 2. Price is $ 0.53 a piece.

For the rectangle that the injecter tubes go on you need .125 width and it will be cut to 3 1/4 by 1 7/8. You only need one.
Price for these are $0.82

They are also expensive with shipping it is $16.01 to NH. thats 4 6 squares and 3 rectangles. It may be cheaper to go to HD and find some 1/8 thick 2 x 36 inch flat bar http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... ogId=10053 .

Again Thank You VinC for getting all the tubing and 1/8 cap and plate info. I hope this helps you guys.

For the plate that the injecter tubes attach to you need a 3 1/4
NHVenkman wrote:HGA 2.375 disk 1/8 thick Item # 9229
You would have to use the same size for the booster plug and grind it or file it because the next size down is 2 inches even which would be too small. You need one for HGA cap and 1 for booster plug. price is $2.99 a piece
Isn't the HGA 2.5"??
janderson0719 wrote:
NHVenkman wrote:HGA 2.375 disk 1/8 thick Item # 9229
Isn't the HGA 2.5"??
Nevermind. Just saw that the lid is suppose to be 2.375.
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:
Venkman's plans say it's 2 inches long. Stefans' plans say it's 1 and 5/8 inches long. After talking to Proton Charger, it seems like 1 and 5/8 is the most correct length for the palm rest.
Check the new elite plans.
Not in the Elite plans. I am looking this measurement right now actually.
Vincenzo330 wrote: A: 1.25" (1-1/4) OD
B: 0.75" (3/4) ID
C: .250" (1/4) Wall (Thick Wall)

The total height of the PPD is approximately 3.1875" (3-3/16)*.
This part gets filled with resin and then chopped at a 135 (or 45) degree angle.

I've also located the stock for this at Speedy Metals
http://www.speedymetals.com/pc-4574-837 ... minum.aspx

The Vacuum Tube is made from the same 1.25" OD Tubing as the PPD.
It is 2.5" (2-1/2)* tall and is welded to a flat aluminum disk.
The disk is 0.125" (1/8) thick and has a diameter of 2.25" (2-1/4).]
Just going by what was written. Is the PPD 1/8" too then?
Ugh, I just ordered my tubes from speedymetals, then went over to Sharpe to get the discs, and it tells me I have to place a $100 minimum order.

Um, no thanks, I only need $12 worth of parts.

Anywhere else we can get the discs?

Alex
While I'm still sourcing 1/8 thickness aluminum for the discs and other plates that will be welded to the cylinders, what's the thickness of the sides of the ion arm? Is it also 1/8" thick?

Alex
Just wanted to add a tiny update. In the end, I placed a second order with Speedy Metals and got a 12" by 12" sheet of 1/8" thick aluminum.

https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-96-8358 ... plate.aspx

It's $12.05 with a packaging fee of $5 BEFORE they calculate shipping, so really it's $17.05 plus whatever shipping would be to your location.

When it arrived, I traced all of my cylinders and marked out where all the caps needed to be cut. I had plenty left over to also have an ion arm constructed.

I took it to the local high school on Monday October 22nd, and the welding instructor had one of the students do all the plasma cutting and welding.

They assembled six parts for me, for $40.

The HGA and Vacuum Tube.

Injectors, Ion Arm, Beam Line and Filler Tube.

So, if you're placing an order with Speedy Metals for your tubes, and you can find someone who can cut and weld aluminum, may as well pick up the plate at the same time.

Alex
ProtonCharger liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]