VInce, These pictures are so awesome. Can you confirm something for me? It looks in the pictures like the "metal" piece at the end of the ion arm is flush on top and hangs below on the bottom for the pack in the case and vise-verse for the pack on the mannequin.

Sean's plans and Norm's plans seem to show that this piece is flush with the rest of the ion arm on both the top and the bottom. However, Stefan's plans show that this piece extends above and below the rest of the ion arm by about 4/5 of a millimeter. The pictures look like these might be measurements of a greater value, that the top and bottom may not be equivalent, and that they may vary from pack to pack.

Can you speak to this as you saw them in person? Thank you very much for any help you may be able to provide!
By c05ta
I felt like Charlton Heston at the end of planet of the apes, when he sees the statue of liberty. How could they let those things get in such rough shape with out repairing it, or at least giving a builder from this site the honor of restoring them.
jackdoud wrote:
IPv6Freely wrote:Is this a GB2 feature? Everyones booster plug Ive seen has been deep... but this one is very shallow.
That's a GB2 stunt pack.
So the GB2 hero packs were the standard deep plug?
By mburkit
IPv6Freely wrote:
jackdoud wrote: That's a GB2 stunt pack.
The hero's in gb2 were retro fitted gb1 packs so the plugs were still deep because that whole assembly was made of metal. The semi-hero packs (such as the one in the image you referenced) where molded from a gb1 pack. What they did in the molding process is they filled in alot of the stuff that would create an undercut, such as the booster frame and inside of the booster tube, around the booster plug. This made taking pulls from the mold easier and less likely to rip the mold.
mburkit wrote:
IPv6Freely wrote:
The hero's in gb2 were retro fitted gb1 packs so the plugs were still deep because that whole assembly was made of metal. The semi-hero packs (such as the one in the image you referenced) where molded from a gb1 pack. What they did in the molding process is they filled in alot of the stuff that would create an undercut, such as the booster frame and inside of the booster tube, around the booster plug. This made taking pulls from the mold easier and less likely to rip the mold.
Gotcha, thanks!
By gbust3
Maybe Ive missed it somewhere along the lines of research, but what the heck!?!?!? A power cord on the back? I have never seen that before.

And...on the "DAN Aykroyd" placard, what is the "helmet" it refers to??
This Pack, along with Ken Huegel's had been modified to be run off of mains electricity. It's been speculated that they were modified for display purposes, with the modification on Ken's Pack eliminating any animated elements of the Pack lights.

As for the helmet, there's a yellow construction helmet plastered with Ghostbusters II logos, it's believed to be one of the ones worn by the guys whilst they're investigating Van Horne Station.
Amazing pictures... tons of details .... simply amazing

my only gripe is that the proton pack is being displayed next to "mall cop".... like that even compares in awesomeness... the Mall Cop props should not even share the same UV/AIR as the GB props do...

just how I feel
I had problems loading all the pictures, so I clicked PC's handy little megaupload link only to find that the site has been seized by the government...

Yaaaaay. :(

Edit: Just noticed AJ's got them up on the pack reference page. Nevermind.
Heh. Sorry man. When that happened pretty much all of my helpful plans, archived sounds, and these ref photos I had peppered around the forums disappeared. It's been a nightmare trying to find them and a safe place to host them with out taking up my own hosting space.
Does anyone know what the deal with the STAR magazine is?? was it created for the montage and never used?

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]