Since I'm building this pack I figured I might as well start a thread to document the build up. Enjoy!

Cannisters, these will be painted yellow with orange end caps and red arrows

Gun wand components

Does anyone know the technical terms for the parts on this pack? I've never watched the show so if anyone has ever heard of the individual component names please share the info. I would like to do a tutorial for this pack build and it would help to have descriptors for the parts :wink:
By prototype7
that looks soooo cool! Can't wait to see it finished! I also had a similar question... what's the handle on the side for? :D
By GVGB2005
I always thought it was something used to pic up that pack. Also what the hell was the huge pack thing the blacks guy has in that group photo (If you've seen it.)
By GVGB2005
Ok ok i know what the lever is for. If you study the pack pics in the "EGB Pack Question." you can see that the pack itself is not that large. Looking closely, you see that aloy of the pack is a canister despencer. So i figure the lever is a canister release.
By Spooky
GVGB2005 wrote: Ok ok i know what the lever is for. If you study the pack pics in the "EGB Pack Question." you can see that the pack itself is not that large. Looking closely, you see that aloy of the pack is a canister despencer. So i figure the lever is a canister release.

No.... wrong

The lever has no obvious use. But they never used it for a canister release (as the canisters in the pack are not the same as the ones on the gun) nor is it a handel. Its probably meant to be a power switch or some emergency shut off thing. I'm not sure they actually ever used it.

The huge pack was this super proton pack that was used once in the show (used to fight a big baddie) and was designed for the toys (the show was based on the toys) but they scraped the idea of having him carry it all the time.
By prototype7
for some reason it always reminded me of a urinal... FLUSH goes the bad ghost! :lol:
By irricanian
I would think considering where it is located its most likely a power switch, large enough that you can reach back to turn it on. There is a handle on the top of the pack already. Considering the canisters hold the proton charge there would be no cyclotron needed, am I right?

The whole unit seems to be more of a carrier, the lower unit looks like some kind of cooling/power unit, maybe the upper one is a battery??? Power flows from the battery, to the switch box to the inverter to the cooling/power unit ,from the cooling/power unit to the gun which is a thrower for the canistered proton charged cylinders. When the cylinder is spent it gets slipped onto the bottom loop and a new cylinder pops up from the carrier.

Opinions??
By ace2020
i like how you are making the pack you should make plans so we start making EGB packs. keep up the good work
By Spooky
The can hanging on the bottom of the pack is an extra canister for the gun.
By lucas2600b
Nice! I especially like the copper piping.
By zeta otaku
I always felt the canisters in the pack acted like a gatling gun. it starts with the top canister, that drains, goes down to the next one, that drains, etc. while the canister on the gun was the last charge with that hanging canister being the back-up.

So, while the one on the gun could be changed on the fly, the larger canisters in the proton pack had to be recharged/replaced back at HQ. Meanwhile, the rest of the pack is used to control and regulate the power in the canisters.
By Spooky
zeta otaku wrote: I always felt the canisters in the pack acted like a gatling gun. it starts with the top canister, that drains, goes down to the next one, that drains, etc. while the canister on the gun was the last charge with that hanging canister being the back-up.

So, while the one on the gun could be changed on the fly, the larger canisters in the proton pack had to be recharged/replaced back at HQ. Meanwhile, the rest of the pack is used to control and regulate the power in the canisters.

Thats probably the most accurate idea. But I promise guys the hanging canister is for the gun (it has the insert arrow).
By irricanian
The one episode I did see,the canister popped out of the top of the pack and Eduardo popped it into the gun, the one hanging on the rail is the spent canister. At least thats how I see it. Heres some more pics, just a few minor details left to do and she's all done!

Comments? :)
By Kingpin
Spooky wrote:
GVGB2005 wrote:Ok ok i know what the lever is for. If you study the pack pics in the "EGB Pack Question." you can see that the pack itself is not that large. Looking closely, you see that aloy of the pack is a canister despencer. So i figure the lever is a canister release.

No.... wrong

The lever has no obvious use. But they never used it for a canister release (as the canisters in the pack are not the same as the ones on the gun) nor is it a handel. Its probably meant to be a power switch or some emergency shut off thing. I'm not sure they actually ever used it.

The huge pack was this super proton pack that was used once in the show (used to fight a big baddie) and was designed for the toys (the show was based on the toys) but they scraped the idea of having him carry it all the time.

Like irricanian, I'm pretty sure they're the same cannisters, but they were just poorly drawn (Looking longer then they were really meant to be).
By ab5olut3zero
The finished pack looks great. Can you maybe make a few diagrams on how to connect everything and some dimensions? It looks awesome!
By XxEctOxX
i dont know why more people havent wrote anything!!! this is great! i love it great work! hey i never really remember the show that well. but were there any lights on the pack?
By GVGB2005
Wow you work way to fast lol. How about a trap? The pack looks amazing!
By prototype7
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really really dig this! Great work my man! Can't wait to see your next project!
By lucas2600b
I love it! I really like the weathering/detail you put into it. First EGB pack I've seen with this much detail hands down. It's a keeper in my books. Hopefully will inspire more to build it now that they've seen one done.
By doctorwho_03
That is one sweet looking pack. Although the gun looks a bit on the scrawnny side, but that's just my opinion. Don't listen to it. This pack still rocks.
By Darkflame
Looks great, but dont forget that the chick got her very own version, beside the fact of being the only one who carried the trap around her proton wand was different too.
By irricanian
Thanks guys! I have a tutorial done in Word doc. if you are truly interested in building one of these packs PM me with your email addy and I will send it to you. Its fairly detailed with pics, a materials list and required tools list.

Irri

Now for the trap!!!! 8)

Side by side comparison with movie pack to show scale

By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
irricanian wrote: Thanks guys! I have a tutorial done in Word doc. if you are truly interested in building one of these packs PM me with your email addy and I will send it to you. Its fairly detailed with pics, a materials list and required tools list.

Irri

Now for the trap!!!! 8)

Side by side comparison with movie pack to show scale

that is totally awesome
By Darkflame
Its great, but dont forget that the trap user got her own pack.
By TheWug
just outta curiousity why did you go with black instead of silver?

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]