By D-42
Not doing any mold work tonight. Grabbing dinner and about to make a shopping run in Ace and Home Depot to start decorating the painted shell i have.
By D-42
So I have done a little mold work on the bumper. I'll have a chance to see how it's going to work out. I'm a little nervous about the quality it's going to produce.

Mostly what I've been doing is trying to flesh out the additional parts. After my trip to Home Depot i was able to decorate everything this far. I know the pics are a little large, but it really shows the detail.

By Gareee
I'd like to see this but in a flat black. Gloss always looks "plastic-y" to me, and most people's pack builds are semi gloss to flat black.
By D-42
Well, this is why I don't do pre-sales. The plastic I got, sytra, wont work at all on the vac table. It either burns from getting too hot or wont get hot enough to form around the mold.

By D-42
It hurts me too. I was hoping to be able to sell some of them to fund me getting some more parts. I'm already about 2k into this for parts and molding and can't afford to keep bank rolling it :(
By D-42
Luckly I only picked up one sheet to test with. So I'm not out much on that. It's the entire rest of this project that's starting to hurt and my first Halloween party is only 4 weeks away!!
By Jester5891
I wouldn't sweat the black plastic not working out to much, the stuff you were using before looks very good. If you have to paint the shells that just gives people more options for weathering their packs. Starting with a black shell narrows the options a little. I'd rather be able to paint it silver or chrome then black and sand down the edges and corners to see the "metal" underneath, than try and paint the silver over the black.
By Gareee
I agree. Go with what you originally used, and leave coloring up to the individual. Some of the gals here are talking pink, and even purple packs. Someone could also go with RGB cartoon colors as well.

There are already under $80 vac formed shells available, so I'd get whatever plastic stock would be the best price/performance ratio.
By D-42
There's nothing stopping you from.weathering it the same way when it's black. And scuffs through the silver will come up.white.

Anyway, that's not the problem. I'm out of all plastic, black or white and just trying to find a supplier that will ship.small amounts. Most suppliers want you to order a minimum of 1000lbs.
By GHOSTBUSTERS215
There is a place here in Philadelphia called everything plastic. They sell 0.90 black abs plastic for 68.50 a sheet, and the also sell white PolyStyrene or "styrene" for 40.00 a sheet. The sheets come in 4ft by 8ft sheets. I'm also sure they they would cut the stuff and ship to you. Feel free to give them a call. I dont think they have purchase limits. The number is 215-238-9800. Id be glad to help you in any way as far as shipping arrangements and stuff, if need be. I'd very much like to purchase one of your shells. So if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.
Del.
By D-42
10 sheets of 24x48 that I just need to cut in half.

Going out of town though again for the weekend to take son to see his grandma. Starting Sunday evening though I should be able to get a few sellable shells out.

More to come Sunday.
By D-42
So I got almost 3 full kits done tonight. I'll finish those up and start posting in the for sell section tomorrow night. Here are some results that I got from the bumper mold and the ion arm. As well as some progress pics.

Pulling the upper section out of the mold:

I just came in to let some paint dry up. I'm mounting my bumper and ion arm as soon as I'm done here.
Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]