I don't usually do build threads but I thought since I took decent progress pics I might as well. This is a conversion project. I started with a spare Kenner RGB Pack and wanted to make it look more like a movie pack.

I'm bringing my nephew to the San Diego Comic Con and I wanted him to have a pack too.
So without further ado...

Here is what I started with. There was no thrower so I'll be scratch building that.

The first thing I did was cut off the Hook for the thrower and the faux tube on the top of the pack.
Using some Aves Apoxie Sculpt (Thanks to hawaiiangbfor putting me onto this stuff, it's amazing to work with) I resculpted the cutout areas.
I also extended the surface area of the top of the pack (where the straps used to go), Filled in the PKE holder and cut out the back of the pack and the cyclotron holes.

Then I started building my mini power cell and injector tubes

I added a small vaccuum hose entry and filed off those bottom strap holders

Next came the booster tube and ion arm assembly.

Before primering it I also added a thick aluminum block to the side where the gun will attach and added a mini line beam tube.

Added a thick coat of Rustoleum Hammered Black

Then it was on to some of the finer details.

The mobo is made of 5 sheets of aluminum siding cut then stacked. I used 2 rivets in the center to keep the sheets compressed. The strap holders are a combination of mirror hangers and D-rings.

That's all for now, more soon...
Last edited by Vincenzo330 on July 28th, 2010, 10:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
By KagaSakai
Wow, nice job! My daughter has been showing interest in GB and proton packs even since I started building mine. I never really thought of digging out my old Kenner pack and giving that to her.
By Vincenzo330
Thanks for all the kind words thus far, this build has been fun.

I'm going to do the lights myself using some 3-6 dollar Velleman kits. I started a tutorial on them a very long time ago which I never finished but I will finally be updating over the course of this build. You can check that out here http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=17185

I used one of those kits for my goggle build which I'll also be finishing up shortly, here's a video of them
My nephew is 10 and its been tradition that last few years to bring to to the SD Comic Con. Last year he wanted to be the Joker, this year we're gonna be a Ghostbusting family. This will be my first year in costume too so it's a little exciting.
By Vincenzo330
OK so here's a little more progress for tonight.
The first thing I did was use a little more Aves apoxy putty and add some acrylic to the cyclotron. If you need acrylics make sure you contact Crix, he's the man :D

Next came the lenses (using el cheapo flashlights as many others have done)

Here's how they came out, not bad eh? Phil aka ghostbusterpm is going to cast me some rings to go around them soon so they aren't 100% done right now.

I added some acrylic to the power cell window, (there will be lights in there soon).

I also added the blue tubing going from the filler beam tube to the ion arm. And finally I gave the pack some weathering.

Please tell me honestly what you think of the weathering, I'm usually not a fan of fake "battle damage" but since the pack is plastic I didn't have much choice if I wanted it to look more real.

So there you have it. Next I'll be finishing up the pack lights so stay tuned... :)
By Syco54645
Nice vinc, very very nice. You will need to make one for any little gb that you may create...

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]