Thumpernicus wrote:
undertaker6x3 wrote: Here is the list as follows I hope everybody finds it useful. Good luck with your build.

Is there any existing diagram that shows a picture of all these parts labelled and where they are located on the pack or wand? I need visuals... it's my thing,

Thanks for the comprehensive list though!
There was one picture around here kind of like what your asking if I remember right. Maybe somebody can find it and post the link up in here for you.
undertaker6x3 wrote: There was one picture around here kind of like what your asking if I remember right. Maybe somebody can find it and post the link up in here for you.
You mean the one in the "proton pack" section? http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton-pack/part-names/

There's nothing that points out actual parts, they're exceedingly obvious once you know what the parts are.
Bingo Jackdoud!!! That's the one I was thinking about!!!! Yeah this one doesn't point out all the stuff on my list, but using this and other pic from the equipment page you start to match the names of the parts to what they look like pretty quick. Good luck to all with their builds.
I'd like to see this list made with pictures of individual parts and suggested available build items. I know there are highlighted pics of each of the named parts from the pic above, but I'd like to have one that was a little more detailed. I'll see what I can do to contribute.

Something like:

Item name [picture of item separate from pack][picture of pack with item highlighted]
Exact item replacement [found item name or any information from how the original was made]
best way to reproduce the item: made with wood, purchased out of cast resin, gbfans store, made from 2" PVC pipe, paint a 5 hour energy bottle etc...
Links to build threads or other good places.
D-42 wrote:Item name [picture of item separate from pack][picture of pack with item highlighted]
Exact item replacement [found item name or any information from how the original was made]
best way to reproduce the item: made with wood, purchased out of cast resin, gbfans store, made from 2" PVC pipe, paint a 5 hour energy bottle etc...
Links to build threads or other good places.
You can find most of that on this website: http://www.gbfans.com/community

But knock yourself out. If you can find a better way to organize the info than's already been done and don't mind spending the time to do it I'm sure people here will appreciate it.
The hex screws are what you use to bolt the pack to the motherboard. you have to make your own threaded holes, so the hex screws should be long enough to go through the pack and motherboard brackets AND be the same thread sixe as the hole you drilled/tapped.

Clear as mud?
indy1685 wrote:Is there something specific that is used for the shock mount screw/bolt. I'm unable to find the suitable size with a flathead notch at the end in any local hardware stores...
I can't find this either. Just used a chrome socket head bolt for now. Fits pretty well IMO.
Checking the web and all stores for 1/4-20 here in Germany... Nothing useful. It looks like the screws are not available around here...

Same for the 10-32. If I find a so called 10-32, it is not a buttonhead. So, no success here... And I even don't know for what the numbers are for... The Us system is different than our system...

Anyone can tell me the sizes/DIA of the "heads" of the buttonheads?!? That would be helpful...

I need it for

Shell to motherboard screws
HGA
Booster frame
Ion arm end cap
Bumper arms
Ribbon cable clamp
Resistors
Onkelpsycho wrote:Anyone can tell me the sizes/DIA of the "heads" of the buttonheads?!?
Buttonheads and Socketheads are two different things.

Buttonhead:

Sockethead:

You want socketheads for the pack, buttonheads are only used on the trap.
Button heads are used on the bottom of the GB2 thrower to hold the thin plate on. They're also used on the bottom of the switch box on the side of the thrower to hold a thin cover plate in place there as well.

I wasn't even aware that that second plate existed until just now... but it makes sense. I don't know if the GB1 version had the plate or what sort of screws might have held it on if it did. You can see that plate in the newest Sony pictures photos as well.

There also appear to be two button head screws holding the handle in place as well, but those aren't on the GB1 throwers, and I'm not sure they're on all GB2 throwers.
GhostGuy wrote:Button heads are used on the bottom of the GB2 thrower to hold the thin plate on. They're also used on the bottom of the switch box on the side of the thrower to hold a thin cover plate in place there as well.
There also appear to be two button head screws holding the handle in place as well, but those aren't on the GB1 throwers, and I'm not sure they're on all GB2 throwers.
If you basing this on that picture the shot isn't clear enough to determine buttonhead or sockethead, got any other shots? The two holding on the handle also resemble pop rivits which were also used to hold the grips on.

The cover plate is generally missing in the movie, you can often see the wires from the switches haning out.
If you basing this on that picture the shot isn't clear enough to determine buttonhead or sockethead, got any other shots?
Here's another shot where you can see them more clearly:

(These are all high res btw, so right click -> view image.)

It's possible they're philips head like the ones on the bumper:

But they're definitely not socket head on the GB2 packs.

Here's where they used at least one button head on the thrower:

And though it is hard to tell on most of those little ones if they're button heads or pop rivets because you can't really see if the hole is hexagonal or not, here's one on the face of the thrower which you can see is definitely button head:

More of those "button" heads where it's hard to tell if they're rivets or not:
I've really spent a LOT of time researching for over a full week now as a member. I gotta tell you, I could really use more diagrams that say what parts of the Proton Pack are called, where they are located, and so on and so forth.

I can read all day long about something, but a photo really helps when you're reading about something that you are terribly unfamiliar with.

Are there other photos showing the pieces and parts of the different features of the Proton Pack shell, thrower, and such?

I'm just asking for a little help because I am SO passionate about doing a great job on mine and my wife's Proton Pack. Any other photos, diagrams, anything that can help my wife and I get these together?

I REALLY appreciate the parts list! It's a great start...... but I'm not sure what most of the parts are....

Suggestions?

---Chuck
Chuck when I created the list I spent about a month looking at pics here on the site of the pac. If you look on the home page of this site and scroll down to the "Latest Page Revisions" usually the pages have a pic of the part. You can then match it a little easier to a pic of one of the completed pacs with a little patience. Though I do agree that there should be a pic that goes along with the lists I've created. Hopefully somebody will take the time to create it. Good luck with your build.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]