By Chris Brewin
Greetings all,

I would like to present the concept art for the Ecto I plan on making in 2018. It's built on a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I call it a Mobile Containment Unit (or MCU). She's been designed as a support Ecto, tailored specifically for HVH (High-Volume Hauntings) and NLP (Non-Localized Phantasms). I was inspired by the trap on the roof of the Ecto-1B as seen in GB:TVG. These images are a somewhat crude hack-job done quickly with limited photoshop skills and done to illustrate the concept. Final product will vary, especially as I get more precise/correct info about fonts to use.

The main focus is the roof rack. The light bar on the front has a light box on top of it for reasons you'll see in the front view. There's a trap on the roof which, once filled, will auto-empty into the mini containment unit also on the rack. A large reactor on the roof provides dedicated power to the trap and containment unit. One hose on the side goes to an outlet concealed in the box on the side to allow for emptying the mini unit into the main unit back at base. The second hose feeds into the trunk space.

Showing slightly different lettering on the side and getting a better view of the reactor.

The grey around the grills on the hood will be chromed as will the lighter grey in the lower portion of the bumper that goes around the fog lights. The Ghostbusters banner on the light box above the light bar will be back-lit and is purposefully written backwards so that the driver in the car in front will be able to read it correctly in their rear-view mirror.

The back is fairly self-explanatory; although I'm not sure if I want the No-Ghost logo on the door or window. I figure the door is a safer spot from a driving perspective. I will also likely be moving a lot during the 15ish years I hope to keep my Ecto running, so I've made a section for the patches of the franchises which I will be a part of, and in the event that I become an honorary member of any others, I'd like to have their patches shown too.

Now, remember how I mentioned that one of the hoses from the roof ran into the trunk?

Yup. Trap receptacle in the trunk. This will provide the assistance for High-Volume Hauntings; as the team fills their traps, they can be emptied into the truck and re-used to more easily clean the farm-that-was-once-a-home-for-a-cult-who-committed-mass-suicide-but-the-realtor-didn't-tell-the-new-owners-when-they-bought-the-place instead of bringing dozens of traps. Also, storage for (considering trunk space) probably only two packs; remember, this is a support truck, meant to work with another larger-cargo-capacity truck.

I'd love your thoughts and input. Like the idea? Is it plausible? Any changes?
By D1gger
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I like it. It looks to be well thought out and I like the placement of the graphics. Most states require that visual warning devices provide a 360 degree coverage(meaning flashers on all 4 sides, not just a front lightbar covered from the rear). Granted we are not trying to actually move traffic, but if this were for real, you would need at least a rear lightbar in addition to the front one. On mine I just got some inexpensive LED flashing pods to attach to the sides and back of my rack, leaving the mini-vector up front. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112177747648?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371747337025?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
By Chris Brewin
I did some checking with local LEO and a few provincial motor vehicle acts. I'll be using amber on the Ecto, and my plan is to have two, incandescent-style lamps (like those at the very front of the Ecto 1) rear-facing. I should be able to get away with amber and not get pulled over, and I might even get away with driving with them on regularly.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]