By jeeptasticparties
I have a federal streethawk S1 light bar on my ecto and the bulbs are so dim looking in the day time, I wanted to know if they make a LED replacement bulbs for the H1 halogen bulbs it originally came with.
By D1gger
I recently did some research into this for my Federal 3-pod mini-Vector. You can find inexpensive LED H1-style bulbs on ebay and they will be dimmer than the halogens, but still have the look for display at much less amp draw. The problem is the height of the bulb. The LED's are longer/taller than the halogens, so the reflector is at the wrong height to take full advantage of the LED's "hot spot". If you are running the original 55watt halogens and they don't seem bright enough, going to LED's wont help. Maybe take apart your lightbar and clean the inside of the lenses and the reflectors really well. That might help.
By D1gger
I got some of the cheap 13 LED H1 bulbs and tried them in my Vector and was very disappointed. A flashlight would be brighter. If you're running the original 55w Halogen bulbs and they still aren't bright enough for you, I think about all you could do would be to upgrade to 100w Halogens, but that would also drastically increase the amp draw of the lightbar. There seems to be no easy way to upgrade an older halogen lightbar to LED technology without being so expensive that it would be cheaper to just buy an LED lightbar...
    Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]