Due to the recent talk about Ecto-1A lately, ive read up on a brief history on the car in the later years of its use. One thought puzzles me while it was displayed at Universal Studios Florida. It apparently was crashed into by "another park vehicle" damaging the front end and it was left in this condition for years and while shipped off to be restored in California with Ecto-1, but than put on hold.... So this crash at Universal Studios Florida, i cannot find any report on it anywhere online. What crashed into Ecto-1A?? What caused it?? Did it happen while the park was open?? If anyone has the scoop id actually love to know the run-down on the accident.
Im a bit obsessed with the Universal Studios Florida park, i go as often as i can as a pass-holder, and im surprised ive never known of this accident happening years ago till today.

Its so so very sad to see Ecto-1A sitting on exposed ground rotting away at Sony. Ecto-1A was always my more personal favorite compared to the original Ecto-1. It Just had that look that was more suitable in my opinion with the over-loaded roof rack and the ads blasted on the sides with scroll-bars. It seemed more legit and more character with the overall appearance compared to Ecto-1. I hope a deal is made for the car to be sold or rebooted, Even if it does not last long touring conventions and car shows, It'll at lest go out with a bang and how we'd all want to see it. Same goes to Ecto-1, i was it was still doing tours and appearances! Sony needs to open their eyes and see the possibilities with not only just what we fans would love to see, but even on a marketing and $$ level rather just sitting in a lot.
I asked about it in 2004 when I went. They said they had it going during the parade behind a trolley. Something happened with the trolley where it malfunctioned and locked up suddenly, the car didn't have time to stop and it smashed into the back end of it. That's what they told me.
I don't think the Ecto-1A w as actually ever really bashed up. It appears the hood is bent just because of the lip on the underside of the hood. In the next shot of it back in california, the hood is closed and in good shape, with the original GB2 faded mark on the hood.

I think this entire story may be a misconception. With both cars present at the park, I would think any story from a park employee may be suspect due to potential confusion of the two vehicles.
Boomerjinks wrote:I don't think the Ecto-1A w as actually ever really bashed up. It appears the hood is bent just because of the lip on the underside of the hood. In the next shot of it back in california, the hood is closed and in good shape, with the original GB2 faded mark on the hood.
In the latest shot of It, the hood appears to be buckled in the rear 2/3rds of it.
It appears so, but the front matches up with the fenders perfectly still. I'm just saying that the "popped hood' photo from the Sony backlot made a lot of people think there was some kind of impact.

The perception that there was a crumpled hood, combined with the story or an Ecto being hit at some point led to a popular tale that the car was backed into.

We assumed, because of the perceived crumpled hood, that the car was backed into from the front or that there was some impact there.

I'm just commenting on how a photo that can be seen wrong, combined with a vague story that might even be about a different car, can combine and create a myth based on poor evidence.
It wasn't wrecked; for anyone that's ever had an older car -- somebody slammed the hood shut by putting weight on the front right side of the thing. You don't slam an old car hood that way. Somebody bent the hood that way. Bummer, but it could be fixed.

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]