Work is constantly ongoing and there is so much left to do, but the car is getting cleaned up nicely. It took a few days after the sand-blasting to get all of the sand out of the car, but it's all out. A coat of white paint has been added to the sides of the car just to make it prettier...

As I've already said, I'm replacing the engine and the brakes. The car is ready for a new rig as you can see...

AJ Quick liked this
drcaron wrote:wow this is a verry nice job so far :cool:

Are you still wante to do 59 conversion or your changed you idéa about this ?

Martin
Check out the rear quarter windows...
Boomerjinks wrote:
drcaron wrote:wow this is a verry nice job so far :cool:

Are you still wante to do 59 conversion or your changed you idéa about this ?

Martin
Check out the rear quarter windows...

what I have to see ?

Martin
Some updates...

My good friend Roger who is working on the car has found me an awesome Chevy 454 Big Block engine that is fully functional and in terrific shape. This baby is definitely powerful enough to pull the massive weight around. My gas mileage will suck, but that was always expected.

I've also said that my brakes are being converted to disc brakes...here is the kit that is going in:

The back of the car is cleaning up nicely and has paint on it...the window molds and glass will go in last (of course).

My roof is lonely...it needs a roofrack - I can't wait to get working on that part of the project, but it'll have to wait a few more months thanks to the expense of the car project itself (this is NOT cheap).

AJ Quick liked this
The brake conversion is complete...

Before:

After:

As you can see they look a lot prettier!

And, just a glimpse of my Chevy 454 Big Block Engine that will be going in:

Oh, and to prove that I have the 1959 Caddy parts too, here are some of the front end parts...they will look better after I re-chrome them, of course...

AJ Quick liked this
The motor looks lovely, mate. What engine mounts are you using, and any mods needed to get it to fit? I might be headed down the same path for my '60, I'm looking at either a 460 Ford or 454 Chev.
Well, things are coming along. I'm currently having my bodywork extraordinaire check in with his sources regarding putting air conditioning in the Ecto (it doesn't have it, but it will definitely need it). The brakes have already been converted, so I needed a new master cylinder...

The old master cylinder:

The new master cylinder:

Installed for comparison (looks a lot nicer, doesn't it?):

Also, the 1959 front fenders have cleaned up amazingly well...soon I should have pictures of the front end connected, at which point I'll probably start to get even more anxious to have this done.

There's also more than enough room for a proton pack rack in here...
By odiemodie
These Ecto restoration threads are tha bomb! Really inspires blokes like me to press on in their own work, though, I don't have the same greenback power as others do! Neithertheless... Heroes are to be admired!

Keep on the build to awesomeness, Saba Ska! :cool:
By odiemodie
Go! Go! Go! It's your birthday!

Ta-da-da-da-da, today's your birthday! Ta-da-da-da-da and we're glad to see ya! Ta-da-da-da-

Happy Birthday, Saba!

And thanx for your gift... the making of your Ecto! :cool:
Definitely man...I had to make the change after I made the front brakes disc brakes...but either way I wasn't too thrilled about the original brakes on these cars after hearing stories from others having trouble. I guess it helps that I won't be driving too fast in it, but still.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]