zeta otaku wrote:She's the runaway queen of the aliens and they're looking for her.
Can't tell if trolling or batshit crazy.
Aye, being a GBer does have its' rewards... and of course, crazies...

Having and driving a car with the logos alone is indeed enough to a grab attention, but a fully equipped ride, either a chick magnet, or weirdo bait...

This time, chick magnet.

In the latter part of last year, the GBHD did photo shots at a firestation near the harbor front just outside of Honolulu city, then onto the Downtown business district where one of the buildings there had a rather ominous-looking gates to Hades structure on the outside lawn. The then departed Ecto 1a was parked right in front of the place and folks drove slowly by to get a glimpse of it, as well passerbys, some asked: "Are they filming a Ghostbusters movie?" One hit it near home: "Ghostbusters 3, is it?" Heh, mustva been a fannie...

But anyway, as the team took some few remaining shots, I went to move my Pre-Ecto car closer to the location from up the street when walking back, a pretty blonde-haired woman was walking her dog past the shoot, eyeing what's going on. I thought it would b funny if I scanned her dog with the PK meter out of her eye shot. She turned and smiled and said: "Oh, is my dog possessed?" I replied in a Venkman way: "Uh, no ma'am, your lili' dog checks out fine. The readings show your dog is in good spirits. Be sure to give him lots of sun and excercise, to prevent the cases of GGS... the Gloomy Ghost Syndrome." She was astonished: "Oh my, is that contagious?" "No, ma'am, not to humans... not to most that I know of." It was fun keeping up the play, she kept on asking questions, and begin making "small talk", but the shoot was finally over, and some of my mates were eye ballin' me and one started to make like his heart was thumping out of his chest out of her view. Worst, my other half was right there! Thankfully, she knows I was just amusing that woman, not trying to pick her up (If I was single, honestly, oh yeah, different story...BTW, I'm also a dog lover). It ended with 'bye then her saying, "Nice car." We no longer have Ecto 1a, thus, I'll get my ride going so we can be again a more completed club... what's Ghostbusters without an Ecto?

After that encounter, I playfully thought:
"Hmmm... Ectos with benefits...":wink:
I usually don't try to make eye contact with people who are taking pics of my car while it's in motion, unless they're going out of their way at a stop light to get my attention. All part of the mystique.

I have noticed that there's a pretty standard maneuver on highways that folks will take. I'm usually in the right-hand lane when I'll see a car start to pass, then slow and take up a position off my left rear quarter panel and pace me for about a half mile, and then speed up and pass by.

And like most other folks I've gotten the "are you really a Ghostbuster?" or "are you really a paranormal investigator?" questions. I try to stay in character when in full gear, but otherwise I'm usually in my work wear, which includes a t-shirt with the company logo on it. Then I just say I'm a fan of the movie.

Best memory was at the Columbus Zombiewalk this year, when I was waved through an intersection by the police, as I followed a jeep driven by members of the local STARS group. Traffic was stopped as we made our turn. My windows were down and I couldn't resist yelling "Let's run some red lights!" Then we drove through Victorian Village, lights and siren on. It was a blast.
djfm0413 liked this
Seems like I upset a neighbour when I parked my Ecto project Car outside our Home after a 5 hour+ round trip to collect her : s .
Now some neighbours know what I plan I've had the "who ya gonna call" heckled Mau yours truely lol.
Soooo, in true form it's a 21 year old black ford cardinal hearse needs a complete boot conversion, respray And a custom roofbox lol.

Pics to follow

Craig.......SheffieldGhostbusters

Sent from my rk2818sdk using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
I don't have an Ecto but my plates say "ECTO ONE"

My best is one day I was at a stop light. I see a complete D-Bag behind me (BMW with the top down, Clear 1984 Oakley sunglasses with the orange mirrored lenses, white sport coat/pastel t-shirt and playing the 80's station really loud) he looked like he bought a Miami Vice/mid life crisis costume. He pulls up really close to my bumper at the light on a hill. Drops his sun glasses down his nose and backs up and goes to pull around me. He stops right next to my window and says "HEY!" I look over and say nothing with a really not impressed look on my face. He simply says.... "Are you the key master?" He pushed back his sun glasses and drove away. I had to pull over I was laughing so hard.
SacGB-Alex liked this
Cory GB Maine wrote:I don't have an Ecto but my plates say "ECTO ONE".
I think the bigger question is why would you ever have that plate if you don't own an Ecto...like the asshole here in Georgia that has the Ecto-1 plate on a stock brown Honda Accord. Way to screw over the ecto builders.

More relevant to the thread, I got the "are you a stormchaser?" question again the other day.
Chace wrote:
Cory GB Maine wrote:I don't have an Ecto but my plates say "ECTO ONE".
I think the bigger question is why would you ever have that plate if you don't own an Ecto...
Planning ahead originally. But I will loose it when I have to get a California plate.
SacGB-Alex liked this
Ha, ha... I love it when "ordinary" people respond to us in such hilarious ways in verbal and behavior. Most are very cool with seeing an Ecto driving through their neighborhood (wore my jump suit in my pre-temp/ pre-decked out Ecto.. did a test run on some temp roof rack EQ props I kinda thrown together... was great until they were shredded and destroyed later by breaking up on the freeway going over 55 mph... yes, I know... dumb move, since they were made out of cardboard! Nuts! ) and reactions were good. One quote: "I feel much better with you guys on the job... since the world is gonna end pretty soon!" Yikes... and lol! My response: "That is why we are here... can't save all of you, but we will try." Of course, there are those "Unbelievers" who are too unimaginative to grasp what we are doing, that being a GBer is silly and like a waste of time in this short life we have. My response was: "Well, enjoy the ride, my friend, and I"ll see you on the other side!" After that, they shrugged then laughed, saying: "Hey, man... you guys are alright. Sorry for razzlin' on you." No real problems to mention (just yet for now), but a good number of folks don't mind Ghostheads co-existing among them, and an Ecto is a great sight to see to break up the rag bag everyday dundrums we experience everyday... I wouldn't mind getting snarred in traffic, it helps commuters ( at times, myself included) to see an Ecto stuck like the rest of us in rush hour traffic...

Until I flip the lights and sirens switch on... JJK... :-P
Had my car parked downtown for the "First Friday" festival the other day. More or less just posing for pics with people. Group of three ladies walks up and are checking out the car. I'm distracted by a family that wants a picture, but I heard one of these women say, "Is it locked?" Next thing I know, two of them are in the front seat with the third taking a pic. To be honest, I was too shocked to say anything. I can't believe some people. I've heard stories of jackasses doing this to other people with Ectos, but I never thought it would happen to me.
Myself and my girlfriend Jackie walking out of Publix in Winter Park:

(we had been discussing her starting to get involved with Ghost-Busting)

Me: So have you thought about being a Ghostbuster officially?

Jackie: Yeah, I'm still thinking about it.

(we spot a little girl, no more than 8, standing by the Ecto with her mom, she turns to us as we approach)

Girl: Hey! Is this your car?

Me: It sure is.

Girl: Where did you get it? How did you get that stuff on top? How did you get the stickers?

Me: Well, I'm really a Ghostbuster.

Girl: (jaw drops) ...Really?! (turns to look at Jackie, her excitement level jumps up) Are YOU a Ghostbuster too!?

Jackie: ....Yes. Yes I am.

Girl: Wow! I'm gonna be a Ghostbuster when I grow up too!!!

End Scene
Fifthrider, TankHammer liked this
Ive had my ecto for a few months, and some Hilarious times have been had. All the usual " Are you a Ghostbuster"Whats that stuff do" etc..
Well one really funny story, Was at the local Mc D's, Since Ecto is about 10ft, cant do the drive thru's..So im standing inside, Not in "uniform", Lady comes running in from the sno-cone shop cross the street, asks me if Ecto is mine, and i say Yes mam...
she proceeds to tell me this story of her kids, being in trouble for a few weeks cause they keep leaving lights on when they leave. So one day, The mom was the last one out of the house, made sure all lights were off. Well when they came home, every light was on...so she concluded her house must have some sort of haunting...so she asks me if i can come take a look and possibly help her with my "backpack". I was amused, but she was a bit saddened when i told her the car wasn't a Real ghost catching mobile.

I ride with my lights on Alot, day and night. Rarely do i run the strobes, just the rotators. Since Ive made sure all lighting was road legal, in Ky anyway...No red facing fwd, no flashing blue facing front . Every Law enforcement vehicle i pass makes me a bit nervous ...even tho half of them use their cell to take pics, while driving! From time to time, people in front of me will pull off the road, thinking i am an emergency vehicle, that is a bit unnerving. I get a great deal may pictures taken. I will, from time to time, suit up, load my pack in Ecto, and ride to Walmart, Lowes, or some other large store. People get all sorts of curious..one person asked me at walmart if there was a ghost, I told him the toys were flying off the shelf, and we got a call...Photo ops galore.

For me, seeing people smile at the creation is worth every cent ive put into her...and i look forward to many more years of it=)

Oh and getting 20$ in free food at Mody Dick's because i was in Ecto was pretty cool .
New Year's Eve, driving up 5th Avenue in the Gaslamp district.

SDPD officer: "Ghostbusters! Pull over, we need you guys over here!"

Me: "It's just a prop. We don't really bust gho..."

SDPD officer: "I said pull over. Get over here and talk to this guy." ( On the side of the road, a police car and a paddy wagon with people in the back. )

My friend in the Ecto: "Jesus Christ, this guy is going to have us go talk to some street looney who's going on about ghosts or something."

Me: "Happy New Year. Put your game face on and get out of the car."

When I see someone on the highway pull up next to my truck to take a picture, I wait until they got everything perfect and right as they're about to take the photo... I slam on the brakes. Or i just turn on my spot lights and ruin their photo.
RichLather wrote:
The people behind you must love that.
thats what my tombstone is for.
So I've had the car decaled and painted for three days, still no lights or gadgets attached and I've already had a grandmother approach me to tell her grandchild that ghosts aren't actually real.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]