Fifthrider wrote:Tell the kid to just wait a few years on grandma's health. We'll see if they're real or not.
Duuude. no. I don't have it in me.

I also don't believe in ghosts. At all.
TexasBuster wrote:
Fifthrider wrote:Tell the kid to just wait a few years on grandma's health. We'll see if they're real or not.
Duuude. no. I don't have it in me.

I also don't believe in ghosts. At all.
Ghosts aren't actually real but that doesn't mean you can't contribute to a child's sense of wonder and fantasy. If I had an Ecto I'd be in-character 100% any time a kid under the age of 15 was around.
That's a mobile amateur radio rig. Warty as HELL, but unless it's wrapped in caution tape and sports no-ghost logos I'll just give it a wide berth.
Ohhhh, its your truck!

Please explain what's going on with the rear fenders. I know you tried to cover up that weird early 90's decal work, but you could do more with a white can of dupli-color touchup spray above those rear wheels.

At this point, that truck is famous. It is the most photographed Ecto build i've seen. How many Mx7000 lightbars are on it? Do you have a build thread or any close detail pictures? I'm trying to figure out what all you put up there.
Fifthrider liked this
Last night my wife, my brother, and a friend went out for ice cream in my Ecto. On a whim, we decided to join another group at Champy's Chicken for something called Bluesfest. When I got there, we circled the parking lot to find a spot. Couldnt find one, so we had to drive across the street to park. The owner chased us across the street and had me park behind the building by the gate to the music venue. She gave us four all-access bracelets and $40 to get bracelets for the rest of our group. We had planned on eating and leaving, but since Ecto get us $80 in covers, we stayed a while for the music!
EJLambert liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:The most-asked question has swung over to "Are you real?" lately, which is kind of disturbing.

The appropriate answer is, "Yes, Ghostbusters was based on a true story."
That's mostly what I get here in Texas. I had a 'psychic' wake us up at 7am one Saturday to offer her 'services'. She was carrying a big mirror for some reason.

Today one drove up on the passenger side where my wife was sitting and started grilling her. I hid on the driver's side after noticing all the 'witchy' stickers on her car because I knew exactly what she was asking.

I'm actually a bit disturbed by the amount of people who think you can actually go out there and catch ghosts with a car.

Most common response in Texas?

1. Are you real/I have a ghost
2. Are you a storm chaser?(if its storm season mostly)
3. Is this the car in the movie?(mostly from younger people or kids)
4. That must have cost you a fortune, where did you buy it?

Everything else usually results in college age girls or guys just wanting pictures with it. They're the coolest usually.
zeta otaku, Fifthrider, CPU64 and 3 others liked this
LOL, who the hell would vote that post down? Good lord, when some of you GBfans decide to beat up on someone here nothing else but single-minded attacks will do.

Boomerjinks wrote:The most-asked question has swung over to "Are you real?" lately, which is kind of disturbing.

The appropriate answer is, "Yes, Ghostbusters was based on a true story."
This x 10.

I've had a slew of responses for these in the past* but lately I've opted to just look at them like they're retarded until they listen to their own question in their head enough time that they realize how dumb that sounded.

* No, you're hallucinating me
* Yes, I'm real but you're imaginary. Notice how no one but me can see me talking to you?
* I am fake. Completely fake. Just like that dollar bill on the ground. ( walk away when they look down. )

There's a very precious moment that myself and my friends enjoy after we're done driving in our Ecto. We get back into our normal cars and drive home and NO ONE on the road freaks out or reacts weird. It's nice. Calm. Less stress. No more jerks. We've all had a laugh about how wonderful that return to normalcy is. ( Regrettably Kevin, you may not have that moment. What are your experiences like just swapping one movie car for another? Or do you have a stealth car that you can get around in? )

Lately my patience has been tested with "What are you supposed to be?" My brain goes into sarcasm overload with a thousand responses all displaying a T-800 like list in front of my eyes as they speak. Which one to choose?! Often times I just tell the barista "I'm a guy who wants coffee, is standing in line, and has money. Also, I tip." Typically this keeps them on track and gets me on my way much quicker.

My amusement comes minutes later when I drive away past the window of the business and the realize that all this time they wanted a picture with me, the damned car was around the corner all this time. They scream like there's a robbery going on inside.
EJLambert liked this
TexasBuster wrote:"Are you a storm chaser?" happened today again.

"I'm a Ghostbuster. It's safer because I don't actually believe in ghosts."
well, your jeep does fit the look.
Vincenzo330 liked this
Wharin wrote:
TexasBuster wrote:"Are you a storm chaser?" happened today again.

"I'm a Ghostbuster. It's safer because I don't actually believe in ghosts."
well, your jeep does fit the look.
Yeah, I agree. I'm actually into storm chasing, I just don't use this vehicle for it...

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]