By AmandaAnn
So, Haley asked me like 2 months ago to turn her truck in an Ecto. I kinda blew her off, then I mentioned it my husband and he's all for it... so it looks like this will be our new project.

This is the truck we're going to change:

ImageImage

ImageImage

Has anyone done this before?
Any suggestions on where to get sirens/lights/decals?

We plan scuff the plastic the scotchbrite pads and using a Krylon like paint intended for plastic surfaces to paint it white. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
By Boomerjinks
Someone did do an Ecto powerwheels car here at least a year ago. IIRC, it started off great and then ended very very poorly. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.
By AmandaAnn
Spooky wrote:Since there is no roof my suggestion for lights is to go to Wal-Mart and locate one or two of those gimmicky small police lights (some have sirens built in too).
Thanks! My husband really wants to find something that sounds like the Ecto siren. He's a bit of a perfectionist. LOL
Garvin Ghostbuster wrote:http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 72#p116572
Thanks for finding that for me.
By AmandaAnn
Sledge wrote:Stay away from the plastic bonding paint. just do the scuff real good then prime it well, wet sand if needed and then paint.
My husband is worried that because the plastic is so thin when we raise the hood to charge the battery the paint will chip, because the hood bends some.
By Boomerjinks
I've always had pretty good luck with the plastic Fusion stuff. It's what I use on my ecto goggles to avoid cracking. Hard to say, though.
By Gbass242
AmandaAnn, if you're looking for Ecto siren effects, may I draw your attention to this site:

http://www.replicaprops.com/cart2/index ... page&id=14

Scroll down to the video of the Ecto siren for a demo. I want to have this on my F-150. People would flip! And since you'll be doing it with a powerwheels, the speaker could be one off of an old stereo system, per the sound chip's requirements.
By AmandaAnn
Gbass242 wrote:AmandaAnn, if you're looking for Ecto siren effects, may I draw your attention to this site:

Scroll down to the video of the Ecto siren for a demo. I want to have this on my F-150. People would flip! And since you'll be doing it with a powerwheels, the speaker could be one off of an old stereo system, per the sound chip's requirements.
COOL! Thanks!
By Boomerjinks
Gbass242 wrote:AmandaAnn, if you're looking for Ecto siren effects, may I draw your attention to this site:

Congratulations, you've been whoring this thing for quite some time now, and since you don't yet own one, you're not even speaking from experience. WTG, SecrecyGuy.
By BigJon
Boomerjinks wrote: Congratulations, you've been whoring this thing for quite some time now, and since you don't yet own one, you're not even speaking from experience. WTG, SecrecyGuy.
Congratulations for contributing negatively to the thread. Now forums everywhere will be safe since you're out patrolling. WTG Boomerjinks.
jconover82 liked this
By AmandaAnn
ProtonCharger wrote:looks like the same truck as the other guys.
My daughter's is actually quite a bit larger. The "bed" part alone is at least twice as big. Not to mention the cab is probably 25% larger.
By AmandaAnn
BigJon wrote:I was going to say...either she's tiny or that's one big truck. Almost looks close to scale size for her.
She's also pretty small. She's 4 and wears size 2T. And those pictures were about a year ago. ;)
It is a big one tho, it's one of the 12 volt ones. It's also 2WD and a 2 speed.
By Gbass242
Boomerjinks wrote:Congratulations, you've been whoring this thing for quite some time now, and since you don't yet own one, you're not even speaking from experience. WTG, SecrecyGuy.
Well, FYI, I have his sound module for my pack. The set up is easy, and its nice and loud on its own without an amplifier.

I would imagine the same is true for the Ecto setup.

Thank you for the belittling comments. :)

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]