Welcome to my ecto goggle build logs!

This build started with new old stock AN-PVS5a frames in black. Although they aren't the right color, they are literally brand new and in great shape!

Here's the size difference compared to the Matty, much better!

..And on my test subject Mr. Fett

I decided to go with the real AN/PVS-5 straps and face padding for this build. It's not screen accurate but the padding is SO comfortable, like a leather couch cushion on your face!! Highly recommend it, it snaps right to the frames.

The real head strap is nice too, good fit and you can snug it up for that "goggles on the forehead" Ray look.

I cut the face plate from 1/8" Styrene plastic, based off the plans from GBfans. It fit snug

I for paint I took a gamble with Tamiya Olive Drab (USAAF) in spray can form from my local hobby shop.
It's a tad too light but it will work for now. I painted masking fluid (Liquid latex) on the snaps and rivets, to protect them during the painting process.
I followed the OD green coats with some Testors Dull Coat (Matte clear spray)

The lenses were something I had to come up with quickly in time for comic con, after lots of internet searching I decided to take a gamble on some telescope adapter lenses. They are metal and only cost around $40 for the set with the mounting rings.
I'm planning on 3D printing accurate versions of the ecto goggle lenses in the fall, but these actually look really cool!

The base rings are epoxied into the the face plate and the lenses screw into the base rings.

The side knobs are metal AN/PVS-5A knobs that are held on with a 10-32 Bolt.

Still Looking for a battery cap substitute in time for Comic Con!
That's it for now!
Matt Campbell, alphabeta001, METATRON and 1 others liked this
I love this build! I'm just finishing mine (using a fiberglass repo of the PVS5 frame). I wish I could find the stock face pad and straps (oh hell even a frame too) but not much luck on evilbay. No one wants or is able to ship these to Canada.
I had a helluva hard time tracking down a battery cap. I finally found a guy on ebay that was selling some parts. I emailed him and he had one. It was just the cap, no base. A bit more than I wanted to pay but that was the last piece so I grabbed it.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]