By jason407
I recently got a 3D Printer, and naturally went straight to printing GB stuff. ;)

I found files online for Ecto Goggles, so I figured I would make some.

I ended up only using the base/frame, lenses, and power switch...all other parts I bought locally.

I think they turned out really nice. There are some issues with the 3D model, and I took some liberties with accuracy, but I'm happy with them. :)

By jason407
I used Simplify3D. It says in the instructions that you need to scale them...I don't recall what scale it was, but I followed the instructions and it worked.
By jason407
I didn't use most of the little parts, only the base, lenses, and power knob.
So, you might save yourself time and not print those.
I wanted GB1 style, so didn't need the front greebles anyway.
The battery cover is the wrong scale, but you could use that if you scale it correctly...I just used stuff I got from my local surplus store.
By jason407
The clear plastic? I just cut them out from some plastic packaging. They are super thin and just held in with super glue.
The superglue caused them to fog a lot more than I had planned, making it harder to see, but it kind of adds to the aging look. ;)
By LandoSystem
jason407 wrote:I used Simplify3D. It says in the instructions that you need to scale them...I don't recall what scale it was, but I followed the instructions and it worked.
Ah, I was looking for instructions in the "instructions" tab on thingiverse. That must be why I missed them.
Proper scale should be 10.
I had to repair most of the parts but they look good so far,
By EJLambert
That is some fantastic work. The more I see of 3d printed props, the more I want a printer for myself!
By Nesslyquick
I've never 3D printed anything. If I were to buy the materials for this, any guesstimate as to what it would cost? I have access to a 3D printer but I need to pay for the material I use.
By grogking
What are the metal things sticking out of the lenses, and where do you get them?
Where did you get the labels?
Did you put those socket head screws in, or are they printed too?
Can you show how you did your LEDs?
By jason407
grogking wrote:What are the metal things sticking out of the lenses, and where do you get them?
Where did you get the labels?
Did you put those socket head screws in, or are they printed too?
Can you show how you did your LEDs?
The metal things and screws are all things I found at my local surplus store or hardware store...I just looked for things that came close to what I saw in reference images.
The labels I printed from files I found online.
The screws are real, not printed. I just heat them up and stick them into the plastic.
I don't have pics of the leds...but it's just one led inside each tube. I can't see anything out of the lenses when they are on. ;)

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]