By Cyberkorr
So I decided to try and make a pair of ecto goggles from scratch. I'm gong from the paranorman plans and from some ideas from Crusaders awesome goggles thread.

So here's what I'm starting with:

I'm ordering the side caps from gbfans. I'm going to try and use one cap to replicate the battery cover on the bottom.

This is my initial goggle mockup. Does the right lens look to low? Thinking of adding another piece to make it a little longer.

And I picked up this for a primer.

Please let's know what you guys think. Your opinions and advice are very helpful to me !

Thanks!
By Hammer
I think the taller lens needs to be a little shorter. I'd take a bit off the base piece. Look through some of the builds and size up the proportions.

Good start and keep posting pics!
By Cyberkorr
So I had some time to work on my goggles some more. Here's some new pics:

Pilot holes drilled for the lenses.

Used a tip from Cusaderx and bolted the lenses to the glass.

This is the current mock up.

So now I need to get my side knobs and start painting!
By Cyberkorr
Hey guys, sorry for not posting anything in a while.

Had a very busy few weeks. Had my niece graduate and was helping my family with her party, then a new nephew born and then had my aunt pass unexpectedly. So, family business had been taking up most of my time lately. Ya know "Life is what happens when you are busy making props". Ha.

However, I have just started to get everything back in order and am going to start painting this weekend. Yeah!!! Weather and time permitting I am hoping to have all my pieces primed. Maybe even a finish coat.

I did just recieve a package from GBFANS with side knobs and metallic stickers (Late Father's Day Gift). So that has me excited to get back into this. Pics up as soon as I get the paint on!
By Cyberkorr
So I did a little this weekend. I painted my lenses and made a minor alteration to the goggles. I cut off the vent covers and used some epoxy to fill the vents. Gave me a little more real estate for the ir pull and the battery cover along with the labels. Next up is priming and painting the frames!!
By Cyberkorr
So I am finishing up the details on my goggles. Pics up soon!

Debating weather or not to cut the side strap mounts off and go with a rivet and snap solution.

I have some leftover nylon strap from my belt fob project. Might use those snaps and straps with a couple of rectangular rings and tension slides.

Thoughts?
By Cyberkorr
So... Tried to super glue brass knobs to the lenses for the adjustment knobs. And... They fell off with just a slight bump. Going to try drilling an indent into the lenses. Hopefully this will give the knobs more purchase. I'm hoping the super glue will work. If not, any suggestions on a better adhesive?
By Cyberkorr
I went out to my Ace Hardware and fixed my knob issue. Grabbed a length of threaded rods and made my own screws. Drilled and fitted into the lenses. I also screwed in the IR knob and a homemade battery cover. Image

Final steps are to make a headstrap and add detail labels.
By Cyberkorr
And I am finally done!! Added a strap and labels tonight!!!!Image

Trying it on for the first time...

He's on the ceiling!!!

This was my first prop ever! I am so glad to have finished it! Now on to the rest of my uniform!!!

Thanks to everyone who gave me help and advice! It really helped!

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]