Everyone starts out with the welding goggles, and mine were starting to disintegrate. Luckily Nick offers amazing fiberglass casts of the accurate frames, with resin lenses included.

To start, I filled in some voids and spent time doing general body work. I sanded down the buttons around the facemask for more accuracy.

The DOT snaps around the real frames that hold the face pad became an issue because they're hard to find without buying a ton at a time. I opted to use binding posts/screw posts in place of them.

Multimedia Mayhem used to offer aluminum plates to hold the lenses to the mask. Sadly, he does not any more. So I made my own out of a styrene sheet.

I then secured the resin thumbscrews into the lenses with some epoxy.

Test fitting.

Painting the lenses and lens plate.

The straps on the goggles in the movie had snaps installed right to them, which attached to the snaps on the mask. I decided to make a military strap with some faux leather and buckles.

The snap kit I got had the male snaps with screws on the reverse side of them, so I was able to screw them directly into the frames, and then secured the screws underneath with some epoxy putty.

This is what the inside looks like without any face padding.

Frames are painted. Posts and snaps are installed.

I used weather stripping for padding. It works amazing, and comes backed with adhesive.

Aaaaand done.

Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:I'm not sure, actually. I kinda don't mind the way they look now.
Right on...right on... I just know they look amazing with or without stickers :cool:

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]