I don't know if there are a lot of fans looking to do leds inside their goggle lenses but here is what I am doing and I hope to get the right effect. I don't really have the time or energy to do the inside goggle heads-up display with ramping leds and whatnot but I thought having green light coming from the lenses would be cool (especially at night).

So first I looked around for a small light source (size of a 9-volt), preferably one that's already green. I was looking for a keychain fob type of light when I saw these battery powered glow sticks on sale:

and i bought two of them. I took them apart as you can see on the right I have my light assembly with 2 green leds with long legs so as to reach in opppsite directions.

so then mounted the light inside my goggle frames on the back of the perfect fit aluminum plates I just received from Multi Media Mayhem :

and from there I was able to adjust the angle of the LEDS so it looked about like this:

At this point I am just waiting for my resin lenses from Nick-A-Tron to come in the mail in order to finish these for Rose City Comic Con.

So that's as far as I could go and i hope to post a completion pic soon. I hope this helps anyone looking for a 10 dollar light rig for the goggles. I paid $4 for the green "Life Line" glow stick and about $5 for some assorted leds at radio shack.

Thanks for reading!
Sutton621, SPJ liked this
I installed the Nick-A-Tron lenses. Here are some more photos:

with a flashlight shining against them

in a totally dark room:

i am thinking of using some thin foam inside to avoid light from coming out the edges of the lense base plate. anyway, just wanted to share the green LED idea.
Here are three more pics.

I think its sorta funny you can see my eyes in the dark. anyway... maybe some lenses are in order.

It's been a while and I thought I would post the pics of the 95% finished goggles. all I need is the lens for the right eyepiece...

sadly my ecto goggles got stolen at the Texas Comicon just today the Saturday July 30th, if anyone see them later around they are unique as I installed a red lense inside and rainbow LED on exterior, custom foam on the edges
    Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]