Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Noremon
I still haven't made an introduction post because I am bad with it. "Tell me about yourself" or making elevator pitches make me freeze up. I'll get to it eventually though!

But I am feeling sappy tonight and wanted to thank you lot. I only found these forums in the autumn but in general this seems a fantastic place. I was really sick all last year-October/November being especially scary-and checking here really helped. I'm mostly alright now, by the way.

I don't have much to contribute since despite hsving been a visual arts major I'm not building or tinkering with any equipment. But I lurk, and just wanted to say thank-you!
By Styrofoam_Guy
Glad to hear you are better and that the forums helped you.

I am mostly a lurker also but read the forums almost daily. Unless I have something to contribute to a thread I normally do not respond. I do have a finished pack with lights and sound and will be helping some friends finish their packs.
Noremon liked this
By Noremon
Yep, I pretty much daily pop on even just to check the recent posts and my notifications. I'm just really bad at participating :lol: Though I am still waiting on word from my regional franchise.

I'm doing so, so much better now! Long story short; Osteomyelitis is not fun, kids.
By Glenn Frederick
I'm glad you're feeling better!

I know how you feel, there's so many talented members on this site that do so much for the community it can be intimidating to participate at first.

Once you've been on here for a while you realize how really helpful the community is when you need it, give it time and I'm sure you will contribute a lot to this great community!
Noremon liked this
By Noremon
Didn't want to be spammy by making another post, but I am still ecstatic so figured I'd share here:

I FINALLY learnt I passed the first year of the three year Museum Studies diploma program I'm in. Now I passed the first two parts of It in spring 2017, but the third part in autumn 2017 was kinda a toss-up. The instructors gave us 4 weeks to fo the final assignment...but didn't send it out until 2 weeks into said timeframe...Missing templates some of the questions required. So I made my own templates in a leap of faith, since they ignored contact from the students & the administration. I also had surgery ( :-[ osteomyelitis) during this time period, but was declined an extension so was cramming the day after it to finish by the deadline with a 39°C+ fever. ...All so the instructors could take until the 2ND week of March to get the results of the course out. They basically ignored contact for mooonthss, and I had gone through the acceptance that I likely failed or would never hear from them again. Infuriatingly it was a course on management. I did registration for 2018, and hustling for funding, without even knowing if I had passed 2017.

I'm really proud of myself for doing this. I've been out of academics for a decade and it was terrifying to start on a career path so late. But "for now" jobs and unemployment got so soul-crushing I didn't think I could continue it for the rest of my life. I wanted to be an archeologist when I was a kid, but wss strongly discouraged from it.--So I tried to pursue a different field and was stuck moving through temporary jobs at almost 30. I do volunteer work at museums and learnt about the Museum Studies program. I realised I could still work in the historic field without churning out mountains of essays and research papers. I could be part of keeping things running, which is a very valuable option. Museum Studies deals with governance, administration, collections management, accounting, ethics, laws, community engagement, public programming, and much more. And I adore it! And I'm looking forward to kicking butt this year, since last year I wasn't able to give 100% because of being so sick.

And even though it's cheesy sounding; I guess this serves as it's never too late to start something if you have the motivation.
Sav C liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]