Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By GBPaulRivera
Protecting The Earth From The Scum Of The Universe ... for 20 years now.
I was very little when this film came out. MIB, Ghostbusters, and a whole lot of other classic films from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s sum up my childhood memories. I think the success of the original film is that, much like Ghostbusters, its a dark and comedic parody on the Science Fiction genre, while being uniquely original with its characters, style, dialogue, and effects. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith have a unique chemistry that very few duos have. Normally, you think it wouldn't work, but it does and you can tell they have so much fun when playing the roles. I loved the message of it as well because it can be applied to practically any belief anyone out there has that is more reflective, and no self-centered. Humanity and the Earth practically come off and probably are insignificant to the universe as a whole, but its still a world full of life, and any significance it has whether with a God or not, matters enough to work together for a common good. The original mini-series comics were way darker in comparison, but interestingly enough, it is the second issue that heavily influences the plot of the movie.

What are your thoughts on the movie? Who is your favorite character in the series? Did you watch it in theaters or on Home Video/DVD? Has it aged well? What were your favorite moments? Do you ever notice something new? What about the sequels, were they just as fun, better, or sub par in comparison? Would you like another one?
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I've seen the first one once, for the first time a year ago or so. I thought it was really good. There were some pretty funny parts in it; Will Smith's initiation scene was pretty good! It was cool having the galaxy in the marble thing, and then it was cooler having our galaxy in a bigger marble thing at the end. Most of it held up well, perhaps not as well as Ghostbusters but nothing too noticeable.

Being a huge Wings fan, it was cool seeing Tony Shaloub. Have you ever watched Wings?
GBPaulRivera liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]