Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 1:41 am Maybe we should kill this lengthy topic before it gets more ugly.

You are trying to be civil, Droidguy, but Richardless headstrong way of talking like "lol", "complete and utter hogwash" and "not sure this isn't getting thru" means he has no Interest to return this favor, and it shows as the tone is souring on both sides.

You guys disagree and we don't know the exact reasoning for the choices that have been made. Let's leave it like that.
Good old Alpha. We were having a fun little debate. Droidguy wasn’t complaining. This isn’t our first rodeo. He’s a gentleman, no doubt. But he gets I love the sport of it. So does he. There’s no GB news, this place livens up a bit and you want to stop the music. It’s all in good fun.

And yes I’m headstrong. Anytime I get to use hogwash in a sentence, I consider a good day.
groschopf wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 2:57 pm He also says he did a little bit of writing for the film
Thank heavens! Not that I don't already have faith in this movie, but to me, Dan's technobabble and Aykroydisms are an essential ingredient to Ghostbusters. Glad to hear he had some input on the script.
groschopf, Glenn Frederick, Sav C and 3 others liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 5:01 pm Thank heavens! Not that I don't already have faith in this movie, but to me, Dan's technobabble and Aykroydisms are an essential ingredient to Ghostbusters. Glad to hear he had some input on the script.

Oh, absolutely! His passion and belief in the paranormal drives so much of the earnestness and heart of the franchise.
ghoulishfright wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
groschopf wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 2:57 pm He also says he did a little bit of writing for the film
Thank heavens! Not that I don't already have faith in this movie, but to me, Dan's technobabble and Aykroydisms are an essential ingredient to Ghostbusters. Glad to hear he had some input on the script.
Amen brother!!! The only thing I liked in the Hellbent script was Aykroyd's technical slang.
ghoulishfright liked this
timeware wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 3:33 am Seriously Kingpin they're still allowing inside dining at mc Donald's? I figured they'd just limit drive through and take out.
No, they were keeping them open for take-out only.

A further update: As of half-past eight GMT last night the United Kingdom has been placed in a more significant lock-down. All unessential businesses are to close with immediate effect, no more than two persons can congregate out of doors, and we're only allowed to leave the house once a day for exercise or to shop for essential supplies.

These may seem extreme, but after the weekend where too many members of the public frankly took the flying piss and broadcasted they weren't taking things seriously, this was a measure that had to come into effect.
RichardLess wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am Good old Alpha. We were having a fun little debate.
To quote Venkman:
This is not fun! I've had fun! This isn't it!
And to quote DyTyllio:
Depends I guess on how your sick idea of fun is
groschopf, timeware, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: March 24th, 2020, 7:51 am
timeware wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 3:33 am Seriously Kingpin they're still allowing inside dining at mc Donald's? I figured they'd just limit drive through and take out.
No, they were keeping them open for take-out only.

A further update: As of half-past eight GMT last night the United Kingdom has been placed in a more significant lock-down. All unessential businesses are to close with immediate effect, no more than two persons can congregate out of doors, and we're only allowed to leave the house once a day for exercise or to shop for essential supplies.

These may seem extreme, but after the weekend where too many members of the public frankly took the flying piss and broadcasted they weren't taking things seriously, this was a measure that had to come into effect.
RichardLess wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am Good old Alpha. We were having a fun little debate.
To quote Venkman:
This is not fun! I've had fun! This isn't it!
And to quote DyTyllio:
Depends I guess on how your sick idea of fun is
Here in Italy the same measures has been taken on March 11th and now, after two weeks we're starting to see a decrease in positive cases for the second day in a row.
RedSpecial, groschopf, timeware and 2 others liked this
timeware wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:13 am My biggest concern as I mentioned earlier is once things get back to normal the world waits to travel so it doesn't spread again.

theme parks should keep closed for a while longer to help prevent large crowd travel.

So, how many of us are talking to volleyballs now?
I try to find things to look forward to like the resident 3 remake in a few weeks.
Kingpin liked this
Timo wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 2:21 pm
groschopf wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 1:27 pm Anyone listen to Aykroyd on WTF yet?

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1 ... bUiYSFtFqU
Yeah, it's better than the super bowl discussion!
What? You didn’t find two know-it-alls going back and forth for pages about the marketing of a sporting event that happened in February entertaining?

I guess there’s just no pleasing some people.

I mean..I know how to have fun. When I get a couple beers in me? Oh boy. Why just last night I had an entertaining discussion about the British Tax Code as it relates to land owners in 1887. You see *I* took the stance of property claims & estate sales under the provenance of the crown needed to file form 1834.9 under the category of “Real Estate Tax Deductions”. And the gentlemen I was debating with foolishly thought form 2334.7 was the right way to go. Obviously form 2334.7 can’t be the proper filing form since the Tax Law under page 12,979 (chapter 9) clearly states..well I dont want to spoil the entire thing for those on the edge of their seats. Needless to say, it was a parrrttttyyyyy. Things got crazy.
timeware wrote: March 24th, 2020, 10:13 amSo, how many of us are talking to volleyballs now?
I'm fine.

But I'm starting to worry about Bernard the glitter dragon, he's been talking to himself of late.

And then there's Mr. Flibble...

groschopf, robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 24th, 2020, 5:11 pm A company called the PCO Group is doing theater drink toppers and plushies.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2020/03/24 ... -plushies/

Tall T coming through with news we can use!

I saw this earlier and completely missed the shotgun grip on the pack and the rivets on the logo. I think it's the Slimer that threw me off into thinking this was old. It's the same sculpt from 2016 they keep reusing.
mrmichaelt liked this
groschopf wrote: March 24th, 2020, 6:24 pm Tall T coming through with news we can use!

I saw this earlier and completely missed the shotgun grip on the pack and the rivets on the logo. I think it's the Slimer that threw me off into thinking this was old. It's the same sculpt from 2016 they keep reusing.
Yes, I think my mind's eye is now auto scanning particle thrower merch if they have the shotgun grip or not. lol.

But yeah, they are getting a lot of mileage out of that Slimer sculpt. Call me crazy but I'm biased towards how he looked in the first movie.

EDIT: Entertainment Tonight did a 2020 movie rundown tonight and Afterlife was in the tail end of the episode. But nothing new. And they did play a bit of the Temple of Gozer set visit video from '84.
Sav C, groschopf liked this
Regal just released some activity pages for Afterlife. This is my favorite:

mrmichaelt, Sav C, pizzarat and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 25th, 2020, 7:35 pm Arjen Tuiten teased some more.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KpFNEjhWi ... e=ig_embed
Is Muncher able to possess metal objects? Because it's either a vat/tube of slime bursting at the seems or a possessed object.

Looking at the slime on the screws they are probably being pushed out.
mrmichaelt liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]