Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:42 am
Coover5 wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:19 pm QUESTION FOR EVERYONE (to change the subject)

What have you guys been doing differently in your Ghostbusters fandom since the 3rd film was announced/ completed filming?

I've been watching the original two films a lot more than I normally do just to enjoy them a few more times like I did since childhood. Being born in 1989 the Ghostbusters cinematic history has always been 2 films. I'm excited for a 3rd but I'm also sorry to see the change.

I'm trying to nab as many '84 and '89 collectibles out there before the wave of GB3 stuff.

But I'm also being a little more frugal. I have a feeling we could see a toy line that rivals Kenner and I want to be ready for it.
The announcement of the new film and I guess the upcoming Fan Fest led to my partner and I creating a Ghostbusters autograph collector group on Facebook earlier this year. Our community is around 350 strong and we've been working to help other collectors build their GB autograph collection in a safe environment; bringing rare names to the table by way of private signings. It's been fun to talk about the new movie, try to collect it, but most importantly share our tiny weird hobby with other like minded folks.

Beyond that, I've just been driving everyone crazy talking about GB3 all the time.
You MUST do whatever it takes to get us Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, or Annie Potts... the big players missing from Fan Fest!
tylergfoster liked this
By ShiftyHenry
Doctor Venkman wrote:
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:42 am The announcement of the new film and I guess the upcoming Fan Fest led to my partner and I creating a Ghostbusters autograph collector group on Facebook earlier this year. Our community is around 350 strong and we've been working to help other collectors build their GB autograph collection in a safe environment; bringing rare names to the table by way of private signings. It's been fun to talk about the new movie, try to collect it, but most importantly share our tiny weird hobby with other like minded folks.

Beyond that, I've just been driving everyone crazy talking about GB3 all the time.
You MUST do whatever it takes to get us Bill Murray, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, or Annie Potts... the big players missing from Fan Fest!
We've kicked the tired on all four of those...

One of those is very likely to happen next year....we tried earlier this year but they were busy shooting........something.

One is most likely not going to happen (because the money they want is very very very high)

Believe me, we have a wish list and we're slowly whittling away at it.
By SpaceBallz
Alphagaia wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:49 am So in other words someone is trying to create a controversy around the movie?
If it's about the leak that slimer being played by an actor in a suit once again then I'd love to read those headlines!
Alphagaia, Corey91 liked this
By mrmichaelt
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:45 am The same thing happened on the first film. Sadly, this isn't a new development. Richard Edlund actually took an add out in one of the trades to publicly credit a bunch of SFX people that Columbia left off the film credits. I haven't been able to find a copy of this add but someone who had a large contribution behind the scenes (but was left out) told the story to me a few months ago. It's a shame really.
It also even happened with some or all of the Creature Shop crew who worked on ATC. So I think this will continue with this movie unfortunately but thanks to social media and Internet, they will make themselves known in due time if they aren't in the credits.

But the ad you mentioned, it was Ivan Reitman who bought the ad in Variety.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gho ... 0614043049
By ShiftyHenry
mrmichaelt wrote: November 15th, 2019, 3:36 pm
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:45 am The same thing happened on the first film. Sadly, this isn't a new development. Richard Edlund actually took an add out in one of the trades to publicly credit a bunch of SFX people that Columbia left off the film credits. I haven't been able to find a copy of this add but someone who had a large contribution behind the scenes (but was left out) told the story to me a few months ago. It's a shame really.
It also even happened with some or all of the Creature Shop crew who worked on ATC. So I think this will continue with this movie unfortunately but thanks to social media and Internet, they will make themselves known in due time if they aren't in the credits.

But the ad you mentioned, it was Ivan Reitman who bought the ad in Variety.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/gho ... 0614043049
WOW! I've been looking for that for ages! Thanks!
mrmichaelt liked this
By ShiftyHenry
mrmichaelt wrote: November 15th, 2019, 3:46 pm
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 3:40 pm WOW! I've been looking for that for ages! Thanks!
You're welcome. It was thanks to Sam Longoria, who was among the uncredited if I remember right.
He was among them i believe. Sam's a great guy. I'm glad he hung onto this!
mrmichaelt liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote: November 15th, 2019, 1:20 pm
Alphagaia wrote: November 15th, 2019, 8:49 am So in other words someone is trying to create a controversy around the movie?
If it's about the leak that slimer being played by an actor in a suit once again then I'd love to read those headlines!
Funnily enough, I saw people giving a statue of a guy in a Slimer suit some hate because it wasn't Shelby.

I had to point out it wasn't the GB2 logo or GB2 Slimer on that thing.
By ShiftyHenry
Alphagaia wrote: November 15th, 2019, 3:58 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: November 15th, 2019, 1:20 pm

Funnily enough, I saw people giving a statue of a guy in a Slimer suit some hate because it wasn't Shelby.

It's not Mark, either. But it's not trying to be. People always have to find something to complain about.
Alphagaia liked this
By pizzarat
droidguy1119 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 7:25 am
pizzarat wrote: November 14th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Well, I spent thousands of dollars to go to that Fan Fest in June. Paid for the Class 10 package... what a rip-off.
I got the one down and they ended up giving me so much of my money back it barely cost anything.
Why did you down-vote my own opinion that the event was a rip off?
By robbritton
ShiftyHenry wrote: November 15th, 2019, 4:06 pm
Alphagaia wrote: November 15th, 2019, 3:58 pm

It's not Mark, either. But it's not trying to be. People always have to find something to complain about.
In fairness, Fool’s Paradise have been marketing it on Facebook with pictures of Robin included as reference for the model. It’s a bit of a cheek.
By tylergfoster
pizzarat wrote: November 15th, 2019, 7:47 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: November 15th, 2019, 7:25 am I got the one down and they ended up giving me so much of my money back it barely cost anything.
Why did you down-vote my own opinion that the event was a rip off?
You quoted my post! Not only did they give me like 70% of my money back, I actually had a good time. Naturally, I don't agree with the sentiment that it was a rip-off.
Last edited by tylergfoster on November 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SpaceBallz
Word is that Adam Savage worked on a few props for the new movie and it's going to be a special episode on his YT channel with Jason Reitman.
pizzarat, RichRyan1507, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
By pizzarat
SpaceBallz wrote: November 18th, 2019, 12:39 pm Word is that Adam Savage worked on a few props for the new movie and it's going to be a special episode on his YT channel with Jason Reitman.
I think I'm almost more excited for new technology than just seeing the old stuff again.
By pizzarat
SpaceBallz wrote: November 18th, 2019, 12:39 pm Word is that Adam Savage worked on a few props for the new movie and it's going to be a special episode on his YT channel with Jason Reitman.
This is interesting too. If the props are "new" technology, does that mean the leaked plot is true and GB, Inc. is still in business?
By Kingpin
Where's this scuttlebutt Adam worked on any props on the new film come from? The last I'd read he was planning a new Proton Pack build to replace his existing one, not that he'd been involved in 2020's production in some way.
Alphagaia, robbritton, groschopf and 5 others liked this
By Coover5
I think people are just making assumptions based on this https://www.instagram.com/p/B43gx8vHMCA/ and this https://www.instagram.com/p/B404YcZpn9C/

One photo is just Adam Savage's wall of tape and the other is
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

I don't believe this talk that Savage is making something for the movie but I'm guessing that photo was enough for some to confirm it.
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
Kingpin wrote: November 19th, 2019, 2:09 am
Where's this scuttlebutt Adam worked on any props on the new film come from? The last I'd read he was planning a new Proton Pack build to replace his existing one, not that he'd been involved in 2020's production in some way.
...okay I can't remember. Maybe I woke up briefly, read some of the recent stuff then fell back asleep and my brain fabricated it. I'm back on night shifts :/
BatDan liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]