By bigjuan2001
Wow! You know you should take some pro photos of everything. You have like the best collection out there. Now your next project should be making a pack that really works. If it were possible it'd be awesome. Maybe I could make a flame thrower pack! :shock:
By frankfish01
really great job...all thats left is the rgb pack huh (and the slime blaster...maybe ;)
someone needs to build a containment unit....THAT would be classic!!!!!!! RGB style, baby!
By ghostbusterjason
Dude all of that work is amazing keep it up do you plan on making any other EGB props? Like the trap or pke meter?
By Master Taran
I think Frankfish was referring to the RGB containment unit, not the one from the movie. The RGB containment unit would be much harder to pull off, just out of shear size.
By uscm buzz
Wow great job..

As far as parts names go..

The wand is Called a "Proton Gun" in the show most of the time by egon.

The canisters are called"Cartridges"

The Cartridges all come out of the pack.. and are for the guns.. In one episode.. all the cartridges get used in a catraption and the busters dont have any ammo..
By irricanian
Master Taran wrote: I think Frankfish was referring to the RGB containment unit, not the one from the movie. The RGB containment unit would be much harder to pull off, just out of shear size.

Yeh I know, but come on...I'd like to see anyone pull that one off :lol:
By Bellevue-Ghostbuster
irricanian wrote:
frankfish01 wrote:really great job...all thats left is the rgb pack huh (and the slime blaster...maybe ;)
someone needs to build a containment unit....THAT would be classic!!!!!!! RGB style, baby!

I've already done all of those!

if you don't mind me asking, how did you make that Containment Unit?
By ab5olut3zero
If you're that good w/ the large pack, I can't wait to see the trap, and Kylie's proton gun!
By GVGB2005

This is the best pic of the trap i could get, it bassically looks like the toy, only all yellow, and a dome, with 3 triangular doors. ANd i believe it strapped to Kylie's back.
By TheWug
if I had to venture a guess it was held magnetically to her back. I can tell you it was hooked to her back there was nothing visably holding it on and there was no lever to un-hook it. I forget his name but someone on here made her gun for his girlfriend and re-painted the toy trap to look more like the cartoon one. Those pics might be helpful if someonecould track him down.
By ghostbusterjason
TheWug wrote: if I had to venture a guess it was held magnetically to her back.

i thought she use to twist it off her back
By TheWug
nope, she would just reach back and pull it off, and obviously velcro wouldn't hold a "real" ghost trap
By Dr. Ray Stantz
There was a girl somewhere who made Kylie's gun and converted her EGB pack...wish I cuold find the link...she used velcro to stick it to her back.
By ghostbusterjason
TheWug wrote: nope, she would just reach back and pull it off, and obviously velcro wouldn't hold a "real" ghost trap

o ya thats right its been a while since i watched the show i remember now thanx
By ab5olut3zero
For the toys, there was a hook at the lower part of what Irri calls the Battery that would hook into the trap handle, which was detachable and would serve as a hand-held version of the foot pedal. I think that the hook makes the most sense, except for the trap being pretty heavy and not attached at more than one point. She also had a set of orange football pads instead of the regular flightsuit, and the mini proton gun was connected to a kind of fanny-pack in the small of her back.
If the trap was mostly hollow except for the base, which would house servo motors for both the feet and doors, lights, and a battery for all of the above, it shouldn't weigh all that much. Then, taking into account the smaller proton gun, she wouldn't have had to deal with much weight. The toy version of the trap didn't weigh all that much- just five or six pounds. But I guess that's alot when it's connected to the 30 pound proton pack...
By kerr
Excellent work man :D The best EGB I've seen :D
By EctoGlow
That is freaking amazing.You'll be hearing from me soon ;) lol
By irricanian
I was watching an EGB trailer and slowed down the parts where the trap was being deployed by Kylie and I noticed that the trap was held in place by the grey fanny pack she wears. The mini proton gun is plugged into this pack and one of the traps feet is placed into a recess in the pack as well,its kind of anchored there until she pulls it out by the handle to deploy it.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshow ... ostbusters

Check it out! See what you think?
By doctorwho_03
I don't believe that's right because in Darkness at Noon part 2 where they are first putting together the new equipment, Kylie is trying that football shoulder pad thing and sticks the new trap on it and she was not, repeat not, wearing the fanny pack thing. What you saw must've been something from before the character models were finalized. Its a good idea, none the less, but not the correct one.
By Spooky
That intro slowed down does indeed also show them removing the canisters from the pack and using them for the gun. I take it all back.
By irricanian
Okay, so I sent out my tutorial to quite a few people. Has anyone built or even started to build an EGB pack yet???

Lets see em, you slackers :P No seriously, let me see something :lol:

I will be building version 2.0 soon with aluminum framework, possibly anodized silver all over.
By sonicblaster59
Okay, so I sent out my tutorial to quite a few people. Has anyone built or even started to build an EGB pack yet???

NO.

:lol:

I'll get to it...eventually. But thanks for the plans!! :D
By MaskedShuuyu
Could I get an EGB tutorial?

How hard was it to put together? How much did it cost? How long did it take?

It does look pretty awesome :)
By irricanian
As I said earlier: I have a tutorial done .If you are truly interested in building one of these packs PM me with your email addy and I will send it to you. Its fairly detailed with pics, a materials list and required tools list.

Irri
By crossedstreams
I'm gonna sound like a total tool bag, but what is an EGB pack? I haven't seen that style of pack before. Of course, I'm no where near the level of knowledge that you all are about the Ghostbusters. Where does that pack come from? Thanks.
By malcolmhoaz
As I say, there is no stupid question....The EGB pack is the Extreme Ghostbusters pack. Redesigned for a completely new show back in the late 90's. Checkout the GBI website, they have some of the episodes on there....I could be wrong though. Awesome work there Irri......now, get to work on the RGB ECU hehehehe.....come on.....you know you want to :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]