By ghostnerd
has anyone been using the white Franklin Volleyball knee pads? they're at Wal-Mart, and I am debating on buying them, but I didnt know if they actually look good with the uniform. does anyone know what I'm talking about...?
By secrecyguy
It's going to be hard to find a movie accurate knee pads or elbow pads. I try to look for it myself.

So as long as it looks good on your uniform, I say go for it.
By Zack
haha before anyone shoots me on sight for my inflate-a-pack, I hope to start on one really soon. I used the Franklin pads and black RIT dye. They came out a better shade of grey than I thought. Can't remember already, don't think I used it all.

Wish I would have taken off the Franklin logo in a better way, or left it on maybe. just you can see where the foam under it is where I messed it up in a rush to scrape Franklin off(bad idea). No one noticed, it has a "worn" look now..haha

the nonpad part of the pads came out a really dark gray with a lighter square but the "bubble" part I'm very pleased with. They looked awesome to me. Well tucking in the "extra" material top and bottom inside :lol: I personally just couldn't leave them white so I dunno. I remember when I was looking for pads some people said they used them and I remember someones costume with white pads I found in a search.

BTW Thanks again to everyone who posts here. Really helped me with my costume as its coming along better working more on the belt gizmo, yellow hose etc. as I get ready to venture into pack building. :D

-Zack
By fifth_beatle
I used the Franklin's last year, as a matter of fact. I got the white ones, and painstakingly pulled off the lettering. Like Zach, I used black Rit dye, and they turned out all right. But the padding has vertical stripes, instead of horizontal. The inner webbing is pretty correct though. This year, I bought some of the ones from Amazon specified in DSW_777's link at Proptopia:

http://www.proptopia.com/viewtopic.php?t=2472

They turned out to be closer to the Markwort variety, but the inner webbing is a little off. Maybe I should merge the two, LOL!
By Radar
I used Franklins and I was very satisfied with the look. Instead of wasting money on dye, I just covered the right parts with masking tape and hit them with a few coats of gray spray paint. I always thought the white Markworts looked cool when dyed gray...I like how the little square on the inside of the elbow stays white, as does the pad itself. These were the parts I taped up. The fabric shrank but after wearing them for a bit they stretched right back out again. Instead of peeling off the letters I simply covered them with White Out, which didn't quite match the rest of the white padding but was much less conspicous than black letters. The only thing I disliked about them was the extra material on the sleeve of the pad. However, it was a snap to just roll it up inside itself. Here's some pics of the pads in action from a few different angles:

By jhsanny
I'll try to get some pics up, perhaps.. However, I also used the Franklin style pads, and by heating up the water and dying the pads in a pan on the stove, as the directions for RIT dye explained to do, the lettering just fell clean off. :D This left the pads unmarked, with not a trace of having ever had a brand name on them! Perhaps you can give this a try, because it sounds like other ideas didn't work out too well. Good luck! (And use black dye, because I tried denim :x , and that's the only sad end of my tale...)
    Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome